cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

LosingPatience2
I plan to stick around
Mine too. Is 5 days credit sufficient? Not now.

solarfish
I'm here a lot

I decided enough was enough, I just used chat to cancel my TV service. I'll continue to trust Rogers for Internet and Wireless because there really isn't a good alternative here, but I'm done with the TV. It will save me about $80 per month which should cover a lot of streaming (which I was already paying for anyway).

anyone actually get the account credit they promised?
sure know i dident

LeeLeeLoo
I've been here awhile
We continue to have ongoing glitches with our TV with video and sound cutting out. Of course trying to get assistance will be impossible. Probably be hours on hold.

dtsaudio
I'm here a lot
Has Rogers responded here at all.
We all seem to be having similar issues with freezing, dropouts etc with no explanation from Rogers.
This disruption is the second for me in a month. Last one was more than 12 hours.
No explanation and took 4 phone calls before I even got a status report.
So 5 days credit is not good enough.
I personally want 7 days minimum, a complete explanation, AND a written apology. Otherwise I will be looking at alternatives including Bell

When will Ignite TV be back to normal ??? Day 6 and still do not have full service (Hamilton Mountain).  What amount does 5 days credit work out to?  Notice that has not been mentioned.  (The last time I received a credit for a one day outage it was $1.00 and change.  Sure hope it is better this time.

Ranz
I've been around

When watching ignite tv, my screen freezes .  Started with the outage.

Natweber
I've been around

Our cable is still freezing intermittently after last fridays outage. When will this be corrected?

k_hawthorne
I've been here awhile
Over the last two days; there has been improvement. I still experience one or two episodes of stuttering and/or screen going black. There was a suggestion to reboot the router and then reboot each tv’s “receiver” which I will try to do this weekend.

TECHHEAD
I plan to stick around

Sad when a Rogers rep can't even pop in and comment.
My Ignite TV has been spotty ever since the outage, have been a Rogers customer to a couple of decades and I don't think that will last much longer. Have been seriously looking at other options and will most likely jump ship.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, all my Rogers services (PAYGo, Internet, Home Phone) have been good since Saturday.  IgniteTV took a bit longer to get rid of glitches, however, I have been able to watch live TV and recordings just fine for the past 2 evenings (Tuesday, Wednesday).  I live near Yonge & Lawrence in Toronto.  I believe it was OK on Sunday too.

Bobehere
I've been around

After losing everything including, tv, phone, internet and our cell phones, just about everything is back to normal, except channels freezing, and blacking out. I would think by now this would have been taken care of, but it seems others are in the same boat.

We are rethinking about having all our eggs in one basket..

Fingers crossed this gets fixed soon! 😔

JenniL
I've been around

It’s Thursday July 14th.  I am still having major ignite TV problems. I don’t believe I’ve been able to watch any tv  program from beginning to end.   Service kept cutting out, picture would freeze, error messages came up.  Today I can’t connect with a single TV station. I called for technical assistance several times. each time I received a recording that due to technical issues my call could not be answered.  

cptpt
I'm here a lot

We’re still experiencing the same issues of tv freezing and then going black so this is day 8! Like you I haven’t been able to watch a show or sporting event without major interruption yet the tv seems to work fine during commercials! Had a technician here a couple of days ago. He said he couldn’t do anything about the ignite service but did strengthen my wifi signal from the box. He said they’re still working on it. I’ve had online chats with customer service and tech support so there is a record of my continuing interrupted service. I also screen shot all my conversation threads. I don’t believe I will be paying my bill in August and I’ll be letting the accounts department and customer service know that. Been a Rogers customer for over 20 years. I can guarantee the Rogers family and friends are enjoying uninterrupted service!!  I’m in the Barrie area so not rural. Needless to say this is extraordinarily frustrating!

I used the online chat and it was a lot quicker to speak to someone. Screen shot your conversation so you have a record. 

Oh that is definitely not adequate. There will be no August bill payment from me! That’s the least they can do for this nonsense!

I did the reboot and tv refresh and didn’t make any difference. Even the tech that came out said that wouldn’t help as it’s a system problem. I won’t be paying my August bill and I think every customer who’s putting up with this ongoing service interruption should do the same! Crickets from Rogers!!

If we all band together and don’t pay our August bill that will send a message! I will be calling to tell them I’m not paying next month. Enough of this!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@cptpt wrote:

There will be no August bill payment from me! 

All that will do is cause you trouble with late payment penalties, interest, needing to sort things out afterward, etc.

fart2
I've been around

Horible service since last Friday's episode and still going on. Voice is cutting off can't watch TV AND INTERNET........

cptpt
I'm here a lot

I’ll let you know when I talk to Rogers about my August bill