cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

user1966
I plan to stick around

Cable TV servcies are NOT affected.  Can confirm as my neighbour is still on cable services and it is working fine. It is my understanding that cable TV is totally seperate from their TCP/IP network where is IPTV is routed through. 

RSLOW
I plan to stick around

Tuesday and still only have about 10 tv channels in the 0 to 20 something range.  It's really frustrating because I can't get the ignite tv in my area because Rogers internet service has been poor multiple times a year for the past 14 years.  Even their own maintenance tech told me not to get it as it would decrease the already limited bandwidth we have during the slow times.  More frustrating still is that Rogers did away with most of the promotions that would bring that service at least some what closer to fair market value ( though still higher than the US, Europe, Aus, and just about everywhere else in the world.)  Why do we put up with this bad service and high prices just to continue to enrich Rogers? It's bad for consumers, bad for Canada and with 911 being inaccessible to millions for prolonged periods of time, Rogers greed is now putting lives at risk.  I'm sick of overpaying for service and having Rogers act like they are doing everyone a big favor just for slowly and poorly fixing a mess of their own making.  Write every politician and regulator and tell them under no circumstances should Rogers acquire Shaw which will lead to higher prices and make the next major outage that they don't tell us the cause of even worse.  

divaump
I've been here awhile

I have rebooted all of those things several times…and nothing improved. 

user1966
I plan to stick around

Back to the Tech Support Chat line.....:-(

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

I'm in Kitchener and for the moment Ignite seems to be working normally.  I've been rebooting the modem and tv daily, but last night was impossible and the days previous with the reported freezing, no audio, and black screen.  I wasn't terribly upset about it because anything on cable I've probably seen at least six times already.

solarfish
I'm here a lot

Here in Oro-Medonte (L0L) the TV service is finally back to normal. Last night was the absolute worst with all channels failing to black screen and even long delays switching from one channel to another. This morning, from about 11am, everything seems OK. I still feel that this is just one problem too many and that I am not receiving value for the cost, so I do plan to cancel TV services in the near future. Incidentally I did not reboot anything in the last 24 hours, so whatever fix has occurred it appeared to be picked up by my equipment automatically.

bonniebyrne
I've been here awhile

I'm in Cambridge and yesterday afternoon around 1:30 Ignite started acting up and the screen was freezing once in a while. By 6 p.m. it was constantly freezing, black screen, it would come back on and was then freezing again. Around 9 p.m. it was back to normal and was okay the rest of the night and this morning. However, once again this afternoon it's starting to freeze up intermittently and I'm assuming it'll be unwatchable between 6 and 9 p.m. again tonight. Rogers bet its act together because I'm seriously considering switching to Bell.

k_hawthorne
I've been here awhile

I switched to Rogers in December because Bell can only offer me 50mbps Internet (my house is too far away from the demarcation point). If these problems continue with Rogers TV Ignite, it will give me the time to research "cutting the cord".

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Oh joy, I just received my Rogers bill . . . with no rebate.

Lantone
I've been here awhile

You’re supposed to be “Canadas most reliable Network” it’s unacceptable that your system crashed leaving millions of customers without any means of calling, Gps, internet, 911 emergency calling and Debit/interact use for days!! I do t think your compensation will be sufficient and your company is liable and responsible to properly compensate your customers. We pay high coverage fees and additional administrative fees only to be mocked and disregarded when your company fails to provide a service that should have redundancy plans in place to justify your “Most reliable Network” moto!!! Otherwise why should we continue to trust your company? Rogers do what’s right and compensate your customers properly!!

rammer
I plan to stick around

Internet is back up and running BUT only at about 1/3 speed of what it was before outage. Is Rogers throttling again? I’m fed up.We now have Bell Fibe in our neighborhood are you listening Rogers? Competition at last?

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

It's Tuesday evening in Mississauga.
For a second day and night, the TV service is OK in the morning but choppy again in the evening when more people are watching.
Anyone else still experiencing this?

pgcust
I've been around

The problems started last Thursday, gateway problems , before the complete meltdown, Its now Tuesday at 6pm and the service is still  constantly dropping tv channels, and internet and whoopie they will credit us $5.

as a pensioner 3K a year for this is way to much. i m looking for an alternative.

benita1
I've been around

Its almost 7 pm Tuesday and I am still experiencing the freezing of the picture and audio and then the screen going black.  After a few seconds it reactivates and then some 15 minutes later the cutting out re occurs.

I wonder when this problem will be resolved?

There is no point in calling Rogers as they are not taking anymore of these types of complaints.

Still experiencing trouble on our TV after the outage.  Works well during the day, but after 8 PM we get black screens, freezing images and can't get some programs to work.

Frustrated.

Feeling very bad to switching to Rogers!! The most reliable network they say and its been a nightmare for their customers! I have been struggling to work, in groceries, to any place i go or even to go because of their poor internet that serves the navigation

MBM2
I've been around

Hello Rogers! 5 days of credits not looking too generous. I took a video of Corner Gas on CTV broadcast at 12:35 in a perpetual and repetitive doom loop. While it’s quite funny, I was reminded that we are paying for service that is supposedly restored. Too bad I can’t post the video that I took of the broadcast…oh wait, my internet provider doesn’t have the resources to allow me to add an attachment. 🤣🤣🤣

solarfish
I'm here a lot

Looks like I spoke to soon yesterday, the Ingite service is now back to being choppy and freezing for audio and video on multiple channels. L0L postcode.

SpeedyC
I'm a reliable contributor

I find a temporary workaround is to change channels and then change back.

e.g. CP24 was fine for a while in the noon-hour ... but then the black screens kept recurring.

I switched to Channel 8, waited a few seconds, then changed back to CP24 and the black screens were not there ... at least not right away.

Dear Rogers:
    Today is Wednesday July 13, 2022.  Most of your Services are working fine.  At the same time, I'm very hesitant to say "It's fixed" as I am afraid things will drop again. 
   Day 5 after the Nation Wide Brown out, my TV still stops, freezes, etc.  Within the last 30 minutes while watching CTV Kitchene I heard the same sentence repeated five times, then a section of another sentence repeatedly.  It sounded like the signal hit a wall, shook its head and repeated it again.  It got so frustrating I shut my off My TV.
   They had just announced you'd credit us for 4 days.  As a long time Customer who pays Her Bills on time without voicing my concerns.  Unfortunately due to this problem, I will be reluctant to pay my bill at the end of the month until things are resolved to my liking.
    Having said that, I know a lot of other Customers feel the same way.  While some are hesitant to sound negative, etc. others are probably in agreement with Me that We don't with to pay for a service that isn't fully available to our liking.
    Realizing you are workiing on this and want to keep Us happy and Rogers Customers, I understand you are working hard to resolve the issue.  I don't want to move to another Company, as I have had bad experiences and Satelite Dishes are unavailable.  

I really hope this is resolved soon and is resolved to Our, the Customers's satisifaction. 

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Last night trying to watch The National at 10:00 p.m., the same problems with sound dropping out, black screen, freezing continued.  In the past if I contacted Rogers about that problem I'd be told that if it's a particular channel and not others, it's the network's fault.  I don't think I believe that anymore.