cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

Mozzybear
I've been around
Same stuttering issues in Stratford

h_scottsmith
I've been here awhile

I still can't watch my Ignite TV. It's choppy, constantly cutting in and out. How much longer will this be happening?

I'm in Kitchener ON

prevedel
I've been here awhile

Since the outage I have not been able to watch TV. I get multiple error/ problem messages. The screen freezes, sound goes off and on and the picture goes blank. I just leave the TV off. How will we be compensated for this?

jem
I've been here awhile

mine is exactly the same. what a pain!

Dontmakemeget
I've been around

Same here - seems to be affecting everyone.  Rogers - you need to provide information like when will this be resolved?  Internet and Cell, thanks.  Still need Ignite TV

help4me
I plan to stick around

I checked my Ignite TV and as of 10pm it seemed to be operational again. How are things for you folks? I am located in Richmond Hill, ON.

ferfolja
I've been around

Ignite TV service (North Brantford) completely useless since Rogers network wise failure Friday. Audio and video intermittently cuts out. Not possible to watch a single channel. Rogers customer service is AWOL. Rogers media announcements of 2 days account credit is an insult.

The whole neighborhood is still not getting proper service. Everything cuts off every 15 minutes or so. It's early Tuesday morning here 12:33 AM. 

Bigsouce
I've been here awhile

Having the exact same problem, except now it’s affecting all video feeds, be it ignite Tv, you tube, Netflix…etc. 

Bigsouce
I've been here awhile

Problem is getting worse in Cambridge, first it was just ignite, now it’s for anything with a video… I’m convinced that they are throttling down as to not have the whole thing crash again.

solarfish
I'm here a lot
Problem still here L0L postcode. All channels unwatchable with audio and video freezing increasing in frequency. Also black screens and error codes. Impossible to get through to customer service, after an hour on hold they just dropped the call. I want to cancel this useless service but I can't even do that if I can't get through to them.

In Brampton, L6X, postal code.

Ignite modem is still flashing orange. Rogers says there's nothing they can do after spending 2 hours on 2 occasions trying to reach support.

We got a new modem Saturday and I have a feeling that, coupled with the outage, is a scenario they aren't accounting for.

On the verge of switching. Paying for w service they can't deliver. Total joke.

k_hawthorne
I've been here awhile

Here in Kitchener, the problem still exists. The stuttering and the black screen to the point of unwatchability seems to occur most of the time in the evening. The next morning the problem disappears again.

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor

I've had channels cutting in and out with dropped sound and a screen that goes black and then comes back on.  Every morning I power cycle my modem and all ignite boxes and it is a hit and miss if I can watch one show without having some interruption.  Rogers should come out and say that they are still having issues with their network and just credit people for at least a week of service.  From what I hear, 1 day or 2 day credit is a joke as my services were working well before the mess up on Friday morning.  Even my Internet service has been spotty at times and I can see errors on the line from the modem stats.  They clearly know the network is not back to where it should be and just don't want to admit it.  

As an aside, who upgrades their CORE switches without doing thorough testing to make sure something catastrophic does not happen?  It is one thing if you are on a third party reseller of Rogers services and they have issues. Their lack of oversight could come into question as they are not as robust as the main service provider (Rogers).  It is completely different when the core provider (Rogers) with all their resources and their "technical ability" goes down and knocks others off.  Rogers really needs to get their act together.

Haz234
I've been around

Im in the Ajax area, anyone else their still missing most of their channels since the outage??  This is beyond ridiculous!!!

So, here it is Day 5 and STILL no TV (Ignite).  What is going on?  I am so beyond that my blood pressure is so high!!!  When?????  will I get service restored?  Don't even bother asking a  Rogers Rep., as the only answer you'll get will be:  "They're working on it"  This is unconscionable!!!   

help4me
I plan to stick around

This morning (i.e. July 12th) my Ignite TV seems fully operational for the moment. No more black screens, stuttering, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way after four days of failure. I am also hoping everyone else's issue get cleared too. I am located in L4S in Richmond Hill, ON.

user1966
I plan to stick around

Hello,
I just finished a very long chat with Rogers technical support.  He was very frank with the current issues with Ignite IPTV services.  They are additional issues that were specifically affecting IPTV.  He indicated a fibre cut as well as DNS issue with Comcast.  (which they license for their IPTV services).   They have made some specfic changes to the IPTV service in the back end and you need to reboot your Ignite modem then your IPTV boxes to pick up the changes.  (not if you are operating in Bridge Mode, they recommend your reboot your third party router as well).  Since I work from home will need to schedule a reboot of all boxes later this evening to determine if the issue is resolved.
That all being said, if there are NO other servcies using the overall bandwidth, my IPTV servcie worked fine.  So hopefully what ever changes they have implemented in the back end will address the IPTV performace issue. 

divaump
I've been here awhile

Why is Rogers saying this was a 15 hour outage! Everything for me was out nearly 48 hours and here we are on Day 5 and my tv still is not working….

I just tried rebooting modem and Ignite box, but nuttin, no luck!!!  I am wondering for those who have cable, whether their TV is working fine.

Ditto!