cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

Eggbert
I've been here awhile
Yes and yes. I'm in Mississauga

Close to you in Sauga. All my Ignite services, land line TV and internet  still down.  I loose connection every 20 seconds or so. Any news on when this will be fixed?

help4me
I plan to stick around
Sigh. I was hoping that with the passing of more time the TV stuttering problems would resolve itself. Based on the late comments it doesn’t seem better.

boxer_guy
I've been here awhile

Almost 8am Sunday Brantford.  Ignite Tv is still not working even after multiple reboots.  Internet is intermitently slow and unstable, email applicacation has trouble connecting to servers.  Overall not impressed...

Here in Mississauga about the same, some channels are worse than others.  Watching F1 on Sportsnet and freezing just occasionally but other channels unwatchable.

Doxielover
I've been here awhile
I've been having the same issues in Barrie, Ontario. Since early yesterday afternoon I have had trouble changing channels and when a channel does load it freezes every few seconds. When it's not frozen the sound just disappears and the screen goes black. Also, my recordings were not loading last night. This morning, when a recording does load, which is rare, the.sound disappears for a few seconds every minute or so. Fast forwarding also starts then freezes.
All of this is extremely frustrating, especially since it's impossible to reach support AND the Roger's CEO is saying service is mainly restored. He should be upfront about the Ignite TV issues and let all customers know what they are doing to fix the issues and when they will be fixed.

Jo401
I've been here awhile
Channels on my ignite tv still freezing .. sound cutting out ... this is ridiculous!

You guys didn't fix . ...ignite is still messed up. Get your act together and admit your system was hacked... stop saying it was a system maintenance failure!

Prohidium
I've been around

Me too. Received email from Rogers CEO with credit for Friday but what about subsequent days where the service barely worked and ignite tv is impossible to watch and ongoing Sunday July 10, 10am still. Not fixed very well. 

help4me
I plan to stick around

Please keep posting statuses as things develop so we can guage if the situation is improving. I would also encourage you to "try" calling Rogers Support to raise the problems with them. Unfortunately I tried three times yesterday and all three of my calls were dropped midway.

sgandhi
I've been here awhile

I’m having the same issue. Was hoping it would settle but as of 11am Sunday morning still having these issue with TV. Freezing, channel not available, black screen, audio dropping. 

Rogers should provide more information on their web so acknowledge this issue and continue fixing it. 

My service is NOT ‘restored’ until this is fixed. 

AaronMT
I plan to stick around

Spoke to a technician over the phone who could not think of any solution other than resetting the devices which I have done. It seems they are not aware of this widespread problem so I encourage you all to phone in today.

boxer_guy
I've been here awhile

Ignite recently started working without another reboot, approx 11am.  Sampled a few channels and they were all active.

Linux email application seems a bit happier, not struggling as much to connect to mail servers.

Will report back if issues return/continue.

Doxielover
I've been here awhile
Literally minutes I did the above post, my Ignite TV started working properly. No sound issues, no black screens, recordings playing correctly! Wondering if some techie at Roger's is monitoring this forum and fixing the Ignite issues by customer?

I have been without tv since Friday shutdown and I don’t know how to fix it. I am 80 and not good anymore understanding directions. I live in Stratford 

pamivey
I've been around

My Smart Samsung TV won't even connect to the network now. My computer and phone connect but not the tv. 😞

Owenpix
I've been around

Has any had issues with some channels just a black scene ?   I tired rebooting but nothing changed.  Has anyone had success. 

All my services still not working since Friday. Everything keeps dropping off. No phone internet or TV since Friday.

dtsaudio
I'm here a lot
Same here. Also getting short audio dropouts and picture freezes.
Recorded programs are freezing, won't fast forward and picture quality is variable from poor to good
I am extremely unhappy with Ignite and Rogers lack of response.
For what we pay, I expect much better

Eggbert
I've been here awhile
I doubt that. More likely a coincidence.

LeeLeeLoo
I've been here awhile

No service at all Friday or Saturday.   Sunday morning Ignite Tv working but stuttering/blackouts/sound issues.   No internet at all until 11:30 am this morning.   Now it’s just ongoing  Tv issues.    It’s fun watching tv while it blanks out every minute.   Thanks Rogers.   I’m sure the $5 credit on my August bill will make it all better.   🙄.   

tonisback
I'm here a lot

Three days now and counting. It might be time to switch to another service provider. All my services have been down since early Friday morning. TV phone and Internet keep cutting off. Bell is starting to look better and better.