cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

Just to point out, when you indicated that years ago, your phone kept working.  That's because it was powered by the power systems located at the Central Offices.  So, even if you didn't have power, your phone kept working. 

That has changed.  Bell is also pushing their customers to IP phone technology thru their fibre optic system.  So, that means that the Optical Network Terminal requires power to convert the fibre data to ethernet or wifi. No power, no internet.

Same for Rogers IP systems.  No power, no internet, tv or telephone.

The days of copper cabled telephones is long gone in North America.  This isn't just a Canadian issue.

Nikki10
I've been here awhile

Since service was restored channels cut out every 30 secs then error message stating to retry channel or try later. Happens on every channel. Already unplugged/ rebooted several times. Doesn't correct issue.
As far as watching recorded shows/ movies
Some aren't able to load abd those that do work fine.
Very frustrating to have service back but not at all working properly.

newigniteguy
I plan to stick around

So, it's about money?

AaronMT
I plan to stick around

Same here (Toronto). Tried hard resetting and soft resetting my units, no difference. They spend time on the Welcome screen, and only a select number of channels do eventually load but not without audio cuts. The rest of my channels are all black screen and not available.

Yup, its all about money.  Most likely about the recurring maintenance costs to keep copper systems up and running.  Switching to fibre saves a bundle of money.  That doesn't mean that your rates go down, just that the company that you're using keeps more of that money instead of spending it on maintenance costs.

newigniteguy
I plan to stick around

I can see the day when the bad guys figure out how to easily take the internet down. We will be in a world of hurt and the talking heads will say, oh my, maybe we should have thought about that.

I hope I'm wrong.

Sound goes off for 4 seconds followed by picture on and off. Anyone else?

Same thing happening here in Brantford. Internet not loading on computer properly and a few TV channels eventually come on and sound goes out and then Tv goes black. 

Teare
I've been around

Happening in Aurora.  Lots of missing channels and those that do show stutter, lag, repeat and cut in and out.  Been happening for many hours now.

Ter1
I've been here awhile

Cambridge, same issues here as well, spent the last 3 hours resetting ignite, 5g / 2.4g settings rebooting restarting Ignite tv box. Called rogers Tech, 1.30 hours to speak with a Real Canadian agent,  (lol) what a sham.

Ter1
I've been here awhile

What is that adage no news is good news Hmmm

Lisa621
I've been here awhile

Same issue in Brantford  - frustrating, cannot log in on mobile pages do not load or take forever, on laptop or watch the TV on ignite.  Reboot modem multiple times and you get either channel not a available or if you get one it has sound in and out and black screen.  Not restored here !!!! 

Yes and it’s very frustrating!! Let’s hope it rectified soon 🙂

Lisa621
I've been here awhile

I am done with Rogers going to get Bell back again, talked me into this upgrade to ignite and its been nothing but problems on the best day.  VPN tunnel drops when working remote and this outage is a disaster to make it public you restored services and nothing working right at all - LOL!  Speed is terrible like slow mooooo...

Lisa621
I've been here awhile

Same here this is a big problem come Monday morning when people try to get connected to work remote.  I called Rogers and due to high call volume they said cannot take your call now! what kind of customer service is this when the provider does not acknowledge the truth on status of restore.... why announce a restore when it still does not work 

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor
Maybe things are clearing up. I can see most channels now albeit some are slow to load.
4k channel is choppy so watching jays on SN 22
Still can't watch previously recorded shows but can watch one that is currently recording set to record this evening.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Yes, the old digital TV legacy system (even pvr recording and playback) was working fine during the ignite fiasco, however, some channels were black screen and didn't return until late Friday night around 11:55pm or so, in my Toronto area.
So although TSN 2 and 4 worked, 1,3 and 5 were black screens. Fox Sports Racing worked. Sportsnet 1, Ontario and 360 worked, but the others were black screens.
CHCH Hamilton on ch 11, the two French channels (12, 13), the Seattle channels and the 4 superstations (WPIX, etc) were all black screens. MLB network, NFL, NBA TV and various other timeshifting channels were also black screens. CNN worked, MSNBC worked once in a while, but Fox News was always black screen.
Still great that the majority of the digital legacy channels that I needed, worked perfectly during the ignite tv outage, and as of late Friday or by Saturday morning about 12.05am, they all worked.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Side note: Ignite TV app and web page are not working.

RSLOW
I plan to stick around

I have the old style PVR and cable boxes. I had several channels working but no cell service and no landline internet yesterday up until 7 pm tonight. Most of our tv channels have stopped working today.  It costs me more  for old style cable as Rogers eliminated decent promotions that bring prices any where near fair market value. The internet in my neighborhood has been bad off and on for over a decade. Rogers own maintenance tech told me not to upgrade tv to ignite.  I don't want cable shows to eat into over all bandwidth that is limited at times.  Our internet goes out several times a year in this neighborhood, but we usually still have TV.  I regret bundling my phone with Rogers as the savings are minimal and when I was with another carrier I still was able to use calls and mobile internet when Rogers services were down.  I called today and waited for a supervisor for 2 hours to beg for more mobile data to use that while Rogers fixed their problem.  They instead argued with me, did not listen and kept trying to get me to upgrade my plan instead.  Worst company I have ever dealt with in my 46 years on earth. 

Dawn747
I've been here awhile
First time turning on TV since outage, same issues, cutting out every few seconds. Tried rebooting but did not help. Will not bother calling, hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. 1130pm, can't believe it has taken this long!

Eggbert
I've been here awhile
Mostly off. When on TV is stuttering and unwatchable.