cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

Boxsterman
I've been around

After the big outage, we had tv, HomePhone, and limited internet as of 5:00 am, July 9 2022. Turned tv off at 6:00 am. Turned it back on at 7:00 am, but no longer any service whatsoever - no tv, internet nor HomePhone.
Gateway modem led flashes amber for 30 seconds then flashes green for 30 seconds, ad infinitum. Unplugged and plugged several times as per reboot instructions, but same pattern persists. At this writing (July 9, 6:30 pm) it’s been over 12 hours with no Rogers services of any type.
And of course the heavy call load means there is no one available to provide any tech or troubleshooting advice. Thought I’d try the forum as a next resort … help/advice? Anyone?

plskalle
I've been here awhile

Every 10 seconds my tv freezes, I wonder if this would happen with the old cable box or is this feature of Ignite tv? ROGERS needs to provided a dedicated landline like Bell had before so we can make emergency calls from the house even if there was power failure.

RyeEncoke
I plan to stick around

Haven't had rogers ignite restored yet.  Internet is fine but none of the channels are loading. Occasionally one channel or other will load briefly, lasting maybe a minute or two before the picture starts to freeze and then it goes out.

London Ontario, N6J area

JoBrack
I've been here awhile

Me too.  How long will this take?  It’s been two days now.  Mississauga On.

Newfieone177
I've been here awhile

Apps will not load. Xi6 error 03090. The 3 Chanels that load Glich. My cell and internet work ok. Pages are slow to load, even tho I get 300D and 15U on speed test.

kar1111
I've been here awhile

I can't watch anything I've recorded, i get an error message Xre 06026.  My Tv freezes every few seconds

JoBrack
I've been here awhile

Yes, the old system has been working fine during this outage as per a relative who lives nearby.

TJP1942
I plan to stick around

Ignite was supposed to fi all my probs.Sure.Had to wait 4 days for service to get Modem and TV working.Cancelled because I messed around and got it going. Support could not help over the phone.Then Rogers Outage/Now TV not working, some stations come in.This equipment is not what I expected and since it does not seem to be reliable I intend to look at a package with Bell on Monday.On top of that with all the possible internet choices to get to Rogers and all the paswords required to get there Rogers has just become too complicated to deal with.

JoelA
I've been around

Ever since the outage and with service coming back online I can't seem to access some apps when I am connected to my ignite internet (OLG App, Kijiji App Chive App etc).  If i turn off wifi and use cellular data they work fine.  I also can't use my Xbox live linked apps or my Xbox.  It wont sign me in. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

cbhickman
I've been around

Internet is up but tv keeps freezing and cutting out

Brampton: Since ignite tv reconnected after total blackout it is constantly cutting in and out. Even after doing system refresh, unplugging and replugging, rebooting gateway and pods.

Ignite tv keeps freezing and cutting out, L6A postal code.

keechmarg
I've been here awhile

Happening here too. L0K postal code

keechmarg
I've been here awhile

My ignite is stuutering and unwatcheable. I have been waiting for a support agent for an hour now, and that seems to be the case for everyone. 

Still have issues with tv on/off every 2 minutes in orillia l3v postal code.

Bloomy1
I've been around

My cable glitches

newigniteguy
I plan to stick around

I'm in Ajax. Having the same problem with TV . Some phone calls are going through but not all. Rogers VOIP service.

I still can't understand how the government allowed REAL land lines to become a thing of the past and replaced with VOIP. For seniors, medically vulnerable people and heck, all of us a land line is a MUST in the event of an emergency.

Don't give me the typical answer as for years Bell and other phone companies still made handsome profits with the old style land lines. The difference between then and now....GREED!!

newigniteguy
I plan to stick around

PS: Please don't land lines don't work forever. I remember the large, days long blackout years ago and my land line worked through it.

Having same issues with tv as others have outlined. Also can’t login to Rogers Yahoo email on IPad, cellphone and computer. 

RyeEncoke
I plan to stick around

Also contemplating Bell, will see if they connect in a similar way as Rogers (don't want satellite) and if I can get similar for cheaper.

newigniteguy
I plan to stick around

I've heard more horror stories about Bells Customer Service (not the product) and that's why I've always been reluctant to switch but I think it's now obvious that Bells infrastructure is superior to Rogers so I'll be looking into it as well.