cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

sadchel
I plan to stick around

as of 2pm alot of channel on ignite won't load ....temporarily unavailable.

and channels that will load are stuttering.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

230 REPLIES 230

Re: Problems with Ignite TV After Service Interruption

pp171
I plan to stick around

I am noticing exactly the same. Didn't have too many issues with live TV this morning (recordings are a different story), but roughly as of 2 pm, I can only load a few channels, with playback almost unwatchable (lots of stuttering). Most channels won't even load.

It is getting worse, but let's hope it's because they are working on fixing the system. 🤞

Scorp14
I'm here a lot

I am Mississauga and since 2pm experiencing exactly same thing here.

help4me
I plan to stick around

I'm in Richmond Hill and I am running into the TV stuttering issue as of 03:00pm too. I tried calling Rogers Support and I got to the point where they were about to transfer me to an agent and then they dropped my call.

pp171
I plan to stick around

To make it even worse, cell phone stopped working, probably around same time (2 pm). The only thing functioning for me now is Internet,

Scorp14
I'm here a lot

Know that you're not alone and we all feel your pain.  I think if they just told us what they were doing and how long, we would be more understanding.  As they do this in the dark and just shut things down without communication is what's going to turn a lot of customer's away, I am shopping for alternates myself, had enough of this overpaying, under receiving and it's been years of this . .

Robert18
I've been around

Ignite TV it's on it's off it's on it's off

pp171
I plan to stick around

I just switched over to Ignite TV / Internet a few days ago, after being on the legacy digital system for many years. It was all working fine, better than I expected...for 2 days, and now this. I wonder if the old digital system is still working. TV only, of course, because I guess Internet went down anyway.

As for them working in the dark, that is what really hurts. No estimated times of full recovery, or what caused this. Frankly, I don't think we'll ever know what happened...but Rogers, brings us back our services we are paying for!

help4me
I plan to stick around

I was told that when I moved from the old Rogers Cable TV over to Ignite TV it would be an one-way transfer with no possibility of going back. Furthermore I was told that at some point Rogers wants to move all the legacy Cable TV customers over to Ignite TV because "it is the way of the future".

jmacd27
I've been here awhile

Same issue here in Scarborough, was working fine this morning after service was restored but now channels are skipping and unwatchable.

fmoewf
I've been around

My ignite tv is not working properly since the service came back. It freezes, I cannot watch anything I have "taped", etc.

pp171
I plan to stick around

@help4me  Unfortunately, it IS a one-way transfer, but sooner or later, it will be the only option available at Rogers. It is already very tough to get a decent price for the old legacy system. That is how they push customers to "the way of the future". Already day 2 of the outage, and while I don't have a business, dependent of the service, as many do, this is still very frustrating. As much I as hate Bell, I will start looking into what they can offer.

Gigiayad
I've been around

My ignite tv keeps freezing and cutting off since the outage of yesterday? Does anyone have the same problem? I can't even reach the support line.

Since 1 Pm today my Ignite TV has not been working , how much longer are you gong to punish us , This service and call wait times of over 2 hours are completely redicolous , There must be a better solution , going to Bell

MikeF3292
I've been here awhile

Following as I’m giving the same issues. 

I still don't have TV service and I can't get thru to Rogers either by phone or on chat.  

Internet came back but ignite tv's are freezing and lose voice when it happens. Rebooted modem and pods.  Not sure how to fix.  Any suggestions?

baysj
I've been around
Same issue for myself and my neighbours

Jo401
I've been here awhile
I have been having my ignite tv box freeze, lose sound since early afternoon. I rebooted the box and my modem and it's still happening. The box was working fine this morning. Now it's constantly freezing and losing sound. - very frustrating and I can't get through to tech support.

WoodenBadger
I've been around

Intermittent sound and video stuttering since the big outage. Sound cuts out for two seconds every ten seconds or so coupled with video freezing. Rebooting doesn't help. 

TV was slow this morning but working. But it has deteriorated thru the day...now getting SN channels only & they cut in & out. Tell your CEO the "restoration" is not finished yet.