Problems with Ignite Remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Problems with Ignite Remote

@razzdazz  Okay, try this:  first program the XR11 remote to ONLY control your TV.

Next, go to https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/ and use the Code Finder to locate the correct code for your LG Audio device.  (LG TV codes start with a 1; the LG Audio device codes start with a 3).  To the right of the Code Finder, you will see Setup Instructions with an Audio Device Control setup tab.

razzdazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again @-G-

That worked... or at least as close to working as I'm guessing I'm going to get!

Now the remote will change the volume on the Audio Receiver, and the TV Power and TV Input control the TV. All good, except for some annoying reason my TV will cycle through the input names, but wont actually change to an input unless an enter/ok is pressed. Nextbox remote had a way to do it, but looks like I'm out of luck now.

Another odd thing, is that the Audio Receiver still wont power on/off when All Power is pressed. Not a huge deal, as the sound stops once the tv is off, just odd and hopefully wont add to power consumption.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@razzdazz wrote:

1. my TV will cycle through the input names, but wont actually change to an input unless an enter/ok is pressed. Nextbox remote had a way to do it, but looks like I'm out of luck now.

2. Another odd thing, is that the Audio Receiver still wont power on/off when All Power is pressed. Not a huge deal, as the sound stops once the tv is off, just odd and hopefully wont add to power consumption.

1. Most TVs will eventually switch to the "chosen" input after a period of time, say 5-10 seconds.  If yours doesn't, sorry.

2. Did you try various other codes.  It sounds like the one you chose is not the best one.  There are usually a number of different codes and the first one is not always the best.  Power consumption is usually higher when "on" instead of "standby/off".  Check out the following post which has other remote tips:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Problems-with-Ignite-Remote/m-p/456589#M5829

You may be able to use HDMI-CEC functionality to control various devices....

razzdazz
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @57

I'll give it a go... and no unfortunately, my tv won't select an input if waiting, the input popup just eventually goes away if left 😕

Side note: for any experts here... any chance of being able to assign the 'D' button, as it appears unused (or change the assignments for A, B or C for that matter?)
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you enable HDMI-CEC on your TV, and on any devices connected to that TV, then if you turn on another device, your TV may switch to that input, if that device (Say a BD player or other device) also has HDMI-CEC, and if it shakes hands properly with the TV.    This may help with your input problems.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@razzdazz wrote:
Side note: for any experts here... any chance of being able to assign the 'D' button, as it appears unused (or change the assignments for A, B or C for that matter?)

Actually, the "D" button is used, for "delete":

Press "D" to delete a recorded program on the Saved / Recordings list.

Press the "Last" button (Left Arrow on the XR15) to view your history, and press "D" to clear history.

You can't reassign any buttons on the Rogers Ignite remote.  However, you can customize the "B" button (which is used to access Accessibility functions) by selecting an "Accessibility Shortcut" function in your Accessibility settings.  I have mine set to "Closed Captioning" -- I can quickly toggle CC on or off just by pressing the "B" button twice.