cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ignite Remote

abcweir
I've Been Around

I just got Ignite installed in my home. The Rogers box (TX061AEI) is connected to my Samsung UN50NUthrough a Denon AVR 5750 receiver.

When I try to switch to verbal commands on the Remote, it more often than not will not work, unless it is pointed away from the Television/Receiver. The Remote gives a flat chime, and there is not any message displayed.

Any suggestions?

***Added Labels***

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Problems with Ignite Remote

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GR222  The remote setup and pairing will happen automatically when you first try to use a new Voice Remote with the Ignite set-top box.  However, you can also re-do the remote setup through the STB's "Help" screen.  To do this, press the "A" button on your remote, scroll right and select "Remote Setup".  In my case, it also asks, "Would you like to control your audio receiver using the new remote?"

To select a Yamaha receiver, scroll to and select "Y" when prompted for the brand, then press the "down arrow" to select "Load more brands...", then select "Yamaha" from the list.

GR222
I'm Here A Lot

Yes I already tried to pair it the right way. When it asked to pair an audio receiver I would click yes and type in my Yamaha brand, but then it wouldn't give me an option to actually pair it, it would just ask if I had a TV I would like to pair which I have already done.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GR222 wrote:

Yes I already tried to pair it the right way. When it asked to pair an audio receiver I would click yes and type in my Yamaha brand, but then it wouldn't give me an option to actually pair it, it would just ask if I had a TV I would like to pair which I have already done.

If you get such a prompt again for the TV, continue to follow it.  (You will probably only need to select "it works" when setting up the TV a second time.)  You need to do that redundant step in the setup wizard in order to get to the next step, which should be to prompt you for the receiver setup.

GR222
I'm Here A Lot

It's just a continuous loop of pairing the TV (which gets paired properly) and the unfinished audio receiver pairing. Even if I say yes it works to the TV pairing, it still goes into the receiver pairing, and then asks again about the TV without finishing the receiver pairing, and so forth, and so forth.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GR222  Okay, try this: Press and hold the "A" and "D" buttons simultaneously on your XR15 voice remote until the status LED changes from red to green, then punch in setup code "9 8 1".  This will completely reset the remote and you will need to set it up again.

Next, point the remote directly at the set-top box and press the MIC button.  You should see a "Start using voice commands" prompt on-screen; select "Yes", after which you will be prompted to pair the remote with the set-top box.  Once this is complete, you will then be prompted to set the remote up to control your TV and your audio receiver.