cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power On Options

brianmsheen
I've been here awhile

I can't seem to find a solution for my home theatre setup.  I have an older Plasma TV and the ARC only broadcasts stereo.  So I run the Rogers into one source on my Onkyo receiver and my streaming stick to another source and connect the receiver to the TV.  When I power on how do I ensure that the default source on the receiver is set to Rogers?  I currently have Logitech Harmony remotes.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Power On Options

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, the IgniteTV remote cannot control the source of an AVR.  Only some TV inputs. You'll need to use a separate remote, like the AVR or Harmony to switch to that input.  The IgniteTV remote can turn the AVR on/off and control volume/mute typically.

If you have a newer AVR with HDMI-CEC you may be able to use that to switch to the appropriate input if you enable HDMI-CEC in the AVR and the IgniteTV box.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

reed935
I plan to stick around

Not sure what you mean. When using Harmony remote, you would have specified what inputs are attached to what activity. Then, when you power on a specific activity, the related inputs should be dealt with properly. Are you just pushing the "on/off" button ?? If yes, you need to activate an activity ...  

brianmsheen
I've been here awhile

Sorry what I was asking is there way for the Ignite remote to select a source on AV receiver on power on.  Works fine with Harmony, just want to eliminate the Harmony if possible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, the IgniteTV remote cannot control the source of an AVR.  Only some TV inputs. You'll need to use a separate remote, like the AVR or Harmony to switch to that input.  The IgniteTV remote can turn the AVR on/off and control volume/mute typically.

If you have a newer AVR with HDMI-CEC you may be able to use that to switch to the appropriate input if you enable HDMI-CEC in the AVR and the IgniteTV box.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation