Possible to edit my channel guide? (removing channels)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Possible to edit my channel guide? (removing channels)

In an effort to streamline my Ignite experience, I'd like to hide channels that are either redundant, or of no interest to me in the Guide.  Channels I'm looking to eliminate are religious channels, French channels, and various stingray music channels.

I understand you can block channels based on rating under parental controls, but that doesn't help in my scenario as I'm not removing adult content, etc.

If there's a way to hide channels, I'm all ears.

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Possible to edit my channel guide? (removing channels)

@SmoothOperator  To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to remove a channel from a view but you can do the reverse; you can set up a "Favourites" list: Click "Guide", go to the "All Channels" view, go to the channel that you would like to add to the list, click the "left arrow" button to position the selector on the channel itself, click "OK" to open the menu for that channel, select "Favourite" and click "OK".

In the Guide, you can then select the "Favourites" view to see your curated list of channels.

For more info on how to navigate the Guide, go to: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/navigating-the-ignite-tv-guide

I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a way of viewing the guide as a whole page without the description at the bottom.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No, not that I know of.

I've Been Here Awhile

This seems like the best solution, however I then lose the ability to create a list of actual favorite, most used channels.

Ah well. I can only hope that more customization options become available in the future.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SmoothOperator wrote:
This seems like the best solution, however I then lose the ability to create a list of actual favorite, most used channels.

Ah well. I can only hope that more customization options become available in the future.

Yeah, would be nice if this could be more flexible.  Another option is to use one of the other Guide views, such as "Free To Me".  It's not as good as having your own custom view but it does reduce some of the clutter.