cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramount + App on Ignite TV

Gbragger4540
I've been around

How do you get an app on Ignite to stream Paramount plus which I just subscribed to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Paramount + App on Ignite TV

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Sorry but only official apps installed and approved by rogers can be run on the Xi6 box. Perhaps sometime in the future the Paramount app will be available.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Sorry but only official apps installed and approved by rogers can be run on the Xi6 box. Perhaps sometime in the future the Paramount app will be available.

KLMM
I've been around
Come in Rogers. Get the Paramount+ App added to the approved apps. Don’t make us switch to Bell.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

It really comes down to Comcast to put the Paramount app on, not Rogers. Why does Bell have it? Then Bye Bye !

You really should put paramount + in the apparel alot of people watch it

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor

If you switch to Bell, you won't have the Paramount+ app on their boxes either.  Then where do you go?

<<EDIT>>  Just saw Fibe's new Android box....that's a bit of a game changer then.....

Wardo
I've been here awhile
Prime Video. via a Subscription to a Prime Channel. Or on a Smart TV you can use Prime/Apple TV native apps again by Subscription. no natter what add yet another $9.99 to your monthly bills.

Lynda65
I've been around
Yes but I am a member of paramount and Rogers does not have the app I just sign on with Roger maybe not best decision you can download any app with bell.

Wardo
I've been here awhile
Apple TV has it or Prime Video...which is an app on Rogers.

Tmothy12

Subscribe to Paramount+ via Prime Video or Apple TV and access through those apps. If you're not already subscribed to Amazon Prime I'd suggest using Apple as you can subscribe at regular price without needing to pay for Prime or Apple TV+ service as well.

Dan_P
I've been here awhile
Apple TV ap on Rogers does not have the link to Paramount+ that the native app has. Don’t know why

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dan_P wrote:
Apple TV ap on Rogers does not have the link to Paramount+ that the native app has. Don’t know why

The Apple TV+ app on the Ignite set-top box does not emulate an Apple TV media player.  It can only play content on the Apple TV+ streaming service.

Dan_P
I've been here awhile
I am referring to the Apple TV+ app that I have on my smart TV, not the media player.

Tmothy12
That's correct. You'll have to sign up through Prime Video if you'd like to access Paramount+ content directly on your Ignite box.

Apple TV app limitations seem to vary between devices. For example on my Fire TV stick I can access Paramount+ content through Apple's app.

Ducs_Of_Hazzard
I'm here a lot

Or Rogers / Shaw can just release the Ignite TV App for AppleTV OS, Android, Roku, and Firestick and people can use whatever streaming box they like and have access to all the apps (Like Paramount+, Crave, Hulu, FuboTV, etc.) via the various App Stores available to these streaming boxes instead of thinking that their receivers can compete with a AppleTV 4K, Nvidia Shield, or Roku Ultra.

Much easier to support their own app on 3/4 platforms than it is to port apps over to work on their receivers.  There are too many streaming apps available and more will be constantly released in the future.  It's a stupid decision and a lot more work to try to support all the streaming apps on your own receivers than it is to support your 1 app on the handful (3/4) of platforms.

When will Rogers add an app for Paramount Plus streaming service on Ignite

I noticed it’s been over 2 years since this was asked

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 in conversation