cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramont Network?

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

What happened to Paramount Network except that Rogers says it is gone as of March 31.

Why is it gone?

Is it coming back as something else?

***Edited Labels***

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Paramont Network?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good question.

USUALLY.. things like these when channels disappear, its due to licensing.   That the channel owner want MORE for the channel per user sort of thing.. and rogers doesnt want to pay it.

Could be some thing where paramount is trying to force people to buy Paramount+ and pay them directly 😛

Zendaya
I've been around
Just learned of this now trying to watch a show on PVR. Disappointed that I don’t remember Rogers advising me if this. I searched their website for paramount and had zero matches!!! Where’s the announcement? Is this permanent? Does anyone know?

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

Same here.

I saw or read nothing abut this change.

I am a fan of 1883 and Yellowstone and where will they be.

Lots of experts and Rogers people eon this support forum... can you provide insight??

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, the removal of Paramount Network has also been discussed here.

As far as I can tell, that channel has not ceased broadcasting and is still being offered by other TV service providers.

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

Well, not "discussed" but also questioned the removal of the Paramount Channel.

No reason from any Rogers people.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@schmidtp  The only time that I have ever seen Rogers post an explanation as to why a channel has been removed was when it went off the air and could no longer be offered.  If Rogers made a "business decision" to drop the channel, it is unlikely that we will ever learn why.  Same goes for when channels get removed from the default lineup and moved to Theme Packs.

Cskatt
I've been around

Wondering what to do since Yellowstone will be airing in the summer

onerebecca
I've been around

nothing new in the flex channels either, Rogers should offer us a new channel or discount our package.

garmin1
I've been around

It's on Amazon Prime

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Can the Ignite box stream Paramount+ through Amazon Prime?

schmidtp
I plan to stick around

No. Paramount + channel is not on Amazon Prime

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Pretty sure it is, but I want to know if I pay for it, will it stream through Ignite to my LG tv.

Paramount.png

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Appears to be available on my ignite box....

Under channels in Amazon Prime, I can start. 7- day free trial of Paramount +....

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

I wonder if anyone has actually signed up and streamed it successfully through Ignite.  Maybe the free trial is offered in case it doesn't work on your devices--if Rogers hasn't "approved" it.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
Minor technicality - you're not streaming it through ignite...you're streaming it through Amazon Prime...which is an approved app.

It's not a separate app. It's just a stream through an "approved" app.

I'd try it, but I have no interest in anything on Paramount+

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your response.  But, it has to come through the Ignite box, right?  So it's really the ap to be conserned about?  It's not going to stream directly through my tv?  Sorry, but I don't follow streaming issues at all, so I have to ask!

I only wanted the next seasons of Evil, but there are some older series that I could watch again.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Frenesi wrote:

I wonder if anyone has actually signed up and streamed it successfully through Ignite.  Maybe the free trial is offered in case it doesn't work on your devices--if Rogers hasn't "approved" it.

I have not signed up for Paramount+ on Prime Video but I have subscribed to other channels on Prime in the past, and they can be watched on an Ignite set-top box using its Prime Video app.

Amazon offers "free previews" for channels simply so that you can see whether you like the premium content.  When the trial ends, you will pay the regular monthly fee for that channel.  Until then, just watch it to see if you like it, then decide whether or not you would like to continue the subscription or unsubscribe.

Thanks for your response.  But, it has to come through the Ignite box, right?  So it's really the ap to be conserned about?  It's not going to stream directly through my tv?  Sorry, but I don't follow streaming issues at all, so I have to ask!

I only wanted the next seasons of Evil, but there are some older series that I could watch again.

You can watch Prime Video (or a Prime Video channel) on any device that has a Prime Video app.  That may be a smart TV, a mobile device or your Ignite set-top box.  If/when you do subscribe, you won't see Paramount+ as a channel in your Guide on your Ignite set-top box.  You won't be able to record programs that air on it on your Rogers cloud PVR.  You launch the Prime Video app, then navigate to the Paramount+ content on the Home screen or go to the Channels area on the top menu.

To subscribe to the Paramount+ channel on Prime, you first need to be a Prime Video subscriber, then you need to subscribe to the channel through Amazon,  You can then watch that content on any device that has a Prime Video app.

Frenesi
I plan to stick around

Thank you for the clarification--that's very helpful!

Hollyottawa
I've been here awhile
Not impressed that I’ve been charged since March 2022 for a station no longer available. We are in November and I seen the charges. I contact wonderful Rogers and of course I’m credit only for three months. Apparently it was discontinued July which is a lie as it shows March 31,2022 and the guy argued with me. All they do is take and take but when we owe they add late charges start sending notices threats on disconnection and that is ok. The second they owe money all of a sudden you get no communication and no heads up. The guy told me internally it says in the system July but on their own site it states March so he couldn’t credit back the additional fives months I’m owed. Scammers that take when your a billion dollar company providing . service that continuously drops and has interruptions or updates and or issues on the main grid. Get it together, our money is more then enough to keep the service working perfect, unless a natural disaster occurs.

Hollyottawa
I've been here awhile

Scroll down and read my comment and apparently we were all informed by mail about the issue. I just got into it with a rep and I paid for 8 months and they only credited me three saying the channel has been available since July which is not true.

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 11 in conversation