Pair Ignite Remote with Sony AV Equipment

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pair Ignite Remote with Sony AV Equipment

Probably been asked before.. how to do you program the Ignite remote to control the TV through AV system. Presently have Ignite modem connected via HDMI to a Sony STR DG920  AV receiver. Sony TV connected via HDMI to Sony AV receiver. Rogers tech set up the TV using the Ignite remote and everything OK except the volume to the system cannot be controlled by the Ignite remote. I have to use the AV remote to adjust volume. Tried pairing the AV using the Ignite remote and codes but wouldn't work. Anyone have suggestions?

**Labels Added**

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pair Ignite Remote with Sony AV Equipment

If you click the setup tab for your Rogers remote you will see a section for "setup for audio device control". You can then have the remote control the AVR volume, turn it and the TV on/off.

There's also a section for "add new audio" where you can find the codes, or under "code finder".

If the AVR was in the loop when the tech came, he should have set it up properly to handle the TV and AVR, but not all techs are what I would call "proficient" 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Check https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/  to find the proper codes for devices that pair with the Ignite TV remote.

Good Luck

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for info, however this instruction appears to be pairing between the remote and TV. In my case I have the AV receiver between the Rogers box and the TV. Ignite remote works fine changing channels for TV video but not the audio control.  My previous Bell system remote handled both video and audio from the remote with the AV setup as described. Does the Ignite system allow only one component to be paired?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you click the setup tab for your Rogers remote you will see a section for "setup for audio device control". You can then have the remote control the AVR volume, turn it and the TV on/off.

There's also a section for "add new audio" where you can find the codes, or under "code finder".

If the AVR was in the loop when the tech came, he should have set it up properly to handle the TV and AVR, but not all techs are what I would call "proficient" 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It works !!! .. Thank you.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi,

I have the xr15 remote. I cannot seem to pair with my Pioneer AV receiver to control volume. I tried to do what you suggested above but I do not see any menu items "setup for audio control" on the ignite box setting menu.

Any suggestions ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gil_n71 : The recommendations here are not about how to do it on the box/TV, but rather using the URC website, link below, to do the setup for audio devices:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/

Click the Setup Tab and then "Add New Audio" which will give you the code for your device, which you can then setup as instructed on that same page.

Someone more familiar with Ignite may be able to guide you on how to do it using the box/TV instead.