cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access TSN.ca live streaming using Rogers credentials

sgallan
I'm here a lot

I am trying to access live streaming (IIHF hockey) on TSN.ca logging in with my Rogers credentials. I am away from home and using a My Laptop and NordVPN connected to a Canadian server. I get through the login with Rogers but then get sent back to the  login page on TSN as if I hadn't logged in. At home on Ignite I have no problem watching any TSN programming. What is at fault here TSN? Rogers?

*** Edited Labels ***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Not able to access TSN.ca live streaming using Rogers credentials

sgallan
I'm here a lot

Additional information: I tried two different browsers (Cache cleared as well) on two different laptops. Laptop rebooted as well. Still looks like logging into Rogers through the TSN login portal does not gain access to live streaming on TSN.

RogersTony

Hello, @sgallan

Thank you for posting your inquiry in the community.

I can understand your desire to utilize your TV services abroad. Due to content rights restrictions most content is not available while outside of Canada. You would need to contact TSN to see if you can view their content while abroad using a VPN service.

RogersTony

sgallan
I'm here a lot

There is ample documentation on the internet to indicate TSN streaming should be available as long as you have a Canadian IP address which the NordVPN gives you. Other people are doing it so I don't see the VPN as a problem. Why don't you test it to see if it works in Canada without a VPN. Just login in to TSN.ca using TV supplier credentials and se if it works for you.

regards

Hello, @sgallan

I have tested and the service works fine for me. 

I also tested with VPN turned on and it did not work. You will need to contact TSN to see if the service will work with a VPN.

RogersTony

crolad
I've been around

I have the same issue.  Endless loop-back to sign-in page and I'm not using a VPN.  However, this is only occurring when utilizing Safari  browser (Macbook + iPad).  I can sign in if I use Chrome.  Also, the TSN app on iPad will accept sign in with Rogers creds - just not through Safari.  What gives?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crolad : See the following link for the various items that can affect how various websites respond/work.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

WuEs
I've been around

Hi @RogersTony,

I'm a Rogers TV subscriber and I'm trying to use another provider's internet connection. I get into the same kind of a loop asking me to sign in with my Rogers account. I do that and it keeps on coming back to the logon screen. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WuEs : Did you try the various tips as outlined in my link in the post above yours?  Different browser, Incognito, etc?  Link provided again below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

SteadRB
I've been around

I have the same issue but with the SNNow app on Apple TV. Been using it for quite some time to watch Blue Jays game at the cottage. But last week I called loyalty because my bundle promotion was expiring. I got pretty much the same package for a good discount. I was told only the number of flex channels available in Flex 20 had changed. Everything else is the same. But when I tried to watch Jays game on Thursday at the cottage I ran into a problem. I signed in with Rogers credentials but all the live tv feeds said I was not subscribed. All Sportsnet channels are available on my box at home. Tech support has been on this 3 days now with no success. Only a text saying it was taking longer than expected. Any ideas why this happened? Also my home phone stopped working right after the new package was started. Too much for a coincidence? Ticket in on that too but a tech is coming to the house.

Greetings @SteadRB!

I am sorry to hear that you found yourself unable to watch the game at your cottage after a package/promotion change. I know those circumstances are far from ideal.

Are you still having this issue right now? If so, we'd like to take a closer look and provide any updates that may be available on the ticket.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 in conversation