cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on recordings on app

Chrisylockhart
I've been here awhile

I watch my recordings (how I watch all my shows) on the app on my IPhone 13 and all of a sudden a few days ago I started having the issue that the audio would stop working a few minutes into the show. I’m getting pretty sick of watching all my shows with only subtitles, would love some help!

***Edited Labels***

16 REPLIES 16

Re: No sound on recordings on app

RogersRahul

Greetings @Chrisylockhart,

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I know how frustrating it can be to experience audio issues with the Ignite cloud PVR recordings. We'd be happy to assist you with this. We'll just need some more information to get started.

• Are you having any issues with live TV as well or just recordings?
• Is the app working fine on android devices?
• Are you on the most updated version of the IOS? 
• Are you connected via your own in-home WiFi or device data?
• Are the recordings working fine on the web browser?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersRahul

I am having the same issue.  It’s been happening for about 3 or 4 days.  It happens on the iTunes app, my android and playback on my tv.  I’ve tried on both wifi and data. Same issue. It seems like it’s been recorded like that. 

- I don’t watch live tv, but my wife says watching the news has been fine.
- I don’t have any android devices, only an iPhone.
- Yes, my iPhone and apps are all up to date.
- I am connected via wifi at home. I am house bound.
- I didn’t even realize you could use a web browser and have no idea where to access that so I have no clue. But they don’t work on my iPhone or the TV. But it’s not all recordings, just the ones I really want to watch for some reason.

Edit: I tried on the web browser and they still don’t work. 

Chrisy

@Chrisylockhart 
- I didn’t even realize you could use a web browser and have no idea where to access that so I have no clue. 

Here's the link to use in a browser.  You login using your MyRogers username and password.  It's strange it doesn't affect all programming.  

https://ignitetv.rogers.com/

Chrisylockhart
I've been here awhile
Thanks but that link only brings me to a page that tells me to download the app, nothing about watching in the browser. I am on an iPhone. I don’t have a computer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Chrisylockhart
I've been here awhile

I have no idea how to do that. I looked in the settings and I saw nothing like that.

edit: Found the option on Safari. 

Helpmepls
I've been here awhile

I’m having the same sound issues watching shows I’ve saved on my iPad. The sound works fine for about the first 5 minutes in the show and the the video continues with no sound. Seems to be a problem with the app as I can watch the same shows fine on my TV.  I have used the app for awhile and have no problems until recently.  Problem seems to have started after the upgrade to 15.4.1. Very frustrating.

Good evening @Helpmepls,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've definitely come to the right place! Thank you for providing as much detail as you could about the audio issue. Is the issue specific to your iPad or is it happening on multiple devices? Can you also please confirm if the audio works for that same programming via the browser?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Helpmepls
I've been here awhile

When I switch to Desktop version and try loading any saved show or live TV it gives me a run into problems while streaming error…then Video can’t be played. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Make sure you're not trying to stream a programme with the browser that you have downloaded.  That will not work. Try streaming another programme.  See:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/using-download-and-go

Helpmepls
I've been here awhile

When I download and what it gives me an apptv-0351 error at the same spot the sound cut out. My internet  connection is fine. Yes it does the same thing with other shows I’ve saved and watch while using the app. Everything was working fine until recently and I can watch these show fine on my TV

Good day, @Helpmepls!

Thanks for the additional info! That is not an error code that I am particularly familiar with, but based on your findings, it does sound as though it may be specific to the app itself. By any chance, have you tried reinstalling the app from scratch to see if this fixes the issue?

If so and the problem still persists, kindly send us a PM so we can submit a ticket on your account for further investigation. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Sandy_the_B
I've been here awhile
I get intermittent sound on recorded programs. Some are OK, and some not.
I'm watching an F1 race recorded earlier and get maybe 10 seconds of sound, and then no sound for 5-10 minutes, and so on. Just keeps cutting in and out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sandy_the_B There were issues with F1 this morning. See my post on the topic below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-Guide-amp-Recording-Issues/m-p/497089#M1524...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Sandy_the_B wrote:
I get intermittent sound on recorded programs. Some are OK, and some not.

There are several different issues here.

1. The F1 issues appear to be a one-off. I don't recall issues with TSN in the past and this one may have been related to Singapore weather since the issue disappeared as the weather cleared.  It was also on the recording itself since you could rewind and find the sound issue at the exact same time when rewound.  I record all of the F1 airings.

2.  There is an issue with Simsubs and Global TV. If you're recording a US channel and the programme is also airing on a Canadian channel, you should always record the Canadian Channel instead.  This is discussed in the following thread.  WIVB (CBS) seems to be affected often.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-TV-sound-quality-is-poor-while-watching-recor...

3. Check out the following post discussing WiFi and other signal issues.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-cuts-out-and-freezes-frequently/m-p/497090#M1...

As stated by @-G- in the post above, there is no issue with Ignite on an on-going basis for most customers, therefore each individual customer that has ongoing problems needs to resolve their specific problems.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation