cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Ignite Popular bundle?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just checked https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/get-iptv and noticed that the Ignite Popular bundle is no longer listed.  We now have:

Ignite Flex 5

Ignite Flex 10

Ignite Flex 20+   👈 New Package

Ignite Premier

Ignite Starter

Looks like some channels (e.g. the Stingray music channels and some Flex channels) are only available in Ignite Premier.

***Edited Labels***

23 REPLIES 23

Re: No more Ignite Popular bundle?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Regarding Stingray, a significant percentage of their channels are no longer available via "TV channels" in the traditional sense.  However, hundreds of Stingray "channels" are available via streaming using the Stingray apps on tablets or phones, or via the Stingray website on a browser.  I wonder whether a simple Rogers subscription is enough to get these or whether you need to actually have a Stingray subscription on Rogers.  I have Premier, so I can't test...

I prefer the apps/website because there I have access to all their programming and also can select favourite artists, songs, skip songs, deselect artists, etc.  Sorry, not trying to take this off topic, just wondering if someone who doesn't subscribe to Stingray on Rogers, but has IgniteTV can stream Stingray using their usual (Rogers) login information...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  To play content on the Stingray Music web site, you need to create an account.  Once you do that, you can play free, ad-supported content or get a (paid) Premium Subscription.  You can also access to a Free Premium subscription through a TV operator but that page says, "The Stingray Music channels are included with your TV subscription? You’re in luck! Enjoy an ad-free, premium subscription to the Stingray Music mobile app and web player at no extra cost."  It sure sounds like you do not qualify for that "ad-free premium subscription" unless you actually get the Stingray channels as part of your TV subscription.

The Ignite Flex 20+ bundle still looks like a nice addition.  More channels in the base than the Flex 5 and Flex 10 bundles.  Sports channels are included and it also looks like access to 4K content is included as well.  However, you still do not get access to the same breadth of Flex channels as you do in Premier, and I'm still weighing the value proposition of this new package compared to Ignite Popular.

I am also disappointed that Ignite Popular did not get replaced with another mid-tier bundle; one that gets access to the same selection of Flex channels as Premier but with 25 fewer Flex channels that you can subscribe to at a time.

If I am not mistaken, it looks like Rogers has also snuck in another price increase: Ignite Home Phone now has to be added explicitly.  (It's not a bundle option that can be unchecked anymore.)

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@-G- wrote:

If I am not mistaken, it looks like Rogers has also snuck in another price increase: Ignite Home Phone now has to be added explicitly.  (It's not a bundle option that can be unchecked anymore.)

Rogers has been adding $10 for phone, since at least November, 2020

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@-G- wrote:

@57  To play content on the Stingray Music web site, you need to create an account.  Once you do that, you can play free, ad-supported content or get a (paid) Premium Subscription.  You can also access to a Free Premium subscription through a TV operator but that page says, "The Stingray Music channels are included with your TV subscription? You’re in luck! Enjoy an ad-free, premium subscription to the Stingray Music mobile app and web player at no extra cost."  It sure sounds like you do not qualify for that "ad-free premium subscription" unless you actually get the Stingray channels as part of your TV subscription.

According to Rogers "shop" tv bundles page, Stingray is available as a "Standalone $0.00".   If you are contemplating a tier other than "premier", you might ask the agent whether in fact you can add Stringray as a zero-dollar addon...

aboyaci
I plan to stick around

That $0.00 might just be there by default. Likely wont actually be free.

PatrickJB
I plan to stick around

Where are you seeing that sports flex channels are included? I selected Flex 20+ just to check it out and there were next to no sports choices. Definitely no Sportsnet, TSN or any major league related channel. Popular is still a way better deal than this, for those who are still on it.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PatrickJB wrote:

Where are you seeing that sports flex channels are included? I selected Flex 20+ just to check it out and there were next to no sports choices. Definitely no Sportsnet, TSN or any major league related channel. Popular is still a way better deal than this, for those who are still on it.

Go to: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

You will see that TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN Classic Canada, EuroWorldSports and Golf Channel currently all have a check mark in the Flex 20+ column, indicating that they are included in the base package.  They are not Flex channels.

PatrickJB
I plan to stick around

Aha, yes I do see that. I didn't even think to check that they'd include those as base channels. It's not such a bad deal then, though it's still inferior to what Popular was unless you want a lot of flex channels Popular didn't allow access to.

kgrosvold
I plan to stick around

In order to get any decent sports channels (TSN, Sportsnet) you have to get either Ignite Flex 20+ or Ignite Premier.

It's a disgrace that you cannot add to Flex 5 or Flex 10.

Kev

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kgrosvold wrote:

In order to get any decent sports channels (TSN, Sportsnet) you have to get either Ignite Flex 20+ or Ignite Premier.

It's a disgrace that you cannot add to Flex 5 or Flex 10.

You can, but you would either have to subscribe to them as individual channels or add a Sports Theme pack, and if you did do either of those, you would end up paying almost the same as what you would with Flex 20+ but have fewer channels in your lineup.  Sports channels cost more than other channels, and the Flex 5 and Flex 10 bundles do not offer any Flex channels that cost more than $7.00 to subscribe to individually.

phil57
I plan to stick around

If this new package is available, why can i not see it on website?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phil57 : Are you talking about the Popular bundle?  As discussed in this thread, it is no longer available for new customers.  Those with grandfathered packages still have it.

The "new" package is Flex 20+.  Are you saying you can't see it?  You should be able to once you sign in and/or confirm your address.

phil57
I plan to stick around

cannot see ignite 20 either signed in or other wise. all that's there is popular

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@phil57 : Did you use the link in post 1 of this thread?  Did you enter your address or confirm your address in the popup.  If you didn't get a popup, then there's something amiss with your browser. Check out the following post for using browsers on Rogers websites.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

phil57
I plan to stick around

Yes, cleared cache and cookies, tried private window, put address in popup. tried another broswer . tried an Ont. address and flex 20 shows. using nb, ns, or nfld doesn't just popular. i don't think it's available here.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, so there's a difference between Ontario and Atlantic Canada. Not atypical...

senordd
I plan to stick around

Can anyone tell me what channels I’d lose if I switch from Popular to Flex 20? I’m considering switch to it because it includes the SciFi channel as a flex channel which previously was only included with Premier or as an add on.

PatrickJB
I plan to stick around

You only get to pick 28 flex channels as opposed to the 46 you got with popular, but I don't think there are any channels that were available with popular that you can't get on flex 20+. Well except Stingray if you care about that. In fact the flex 20+ flex selection is a lot wider. So you'll lose channels, but you decide which ones.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:
Go to: https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

You will see that TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN Classic Canada, EuroWorldSports and Golf Channel currently all have a check mark in the Flex 20+ column, indicating that they are included in the base package.  They are not Flex channels.

Looks like this has changed.  Most of the sports channels are now listed as Flex Channels.  I don't know what other changes have been made to Flex 20+

Ur reasons don't make too much sense! It is Generalizing n indication of "Acceptance"
Sorry.
Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 10 in conversation