No Ignite TV app for Apple TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk427
I'm Here A Lot

No Ignite TV app for Apple TV

How come there isn’t an ignite tv app for Apple TV

***Added Labels***

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: No Ignite TV app for Apple TV

There are no ignite TV apps for any 3rd party tv platform (apple TV, Android tv, roku, etc)

If you want to watch on your TV, you need to pay for a Rogers box.
jimderlatka
I've Been Here Awhile

bell crave,
vmedia
tecksavvy

all now have Apple TV apps for their services, why doesnt rogers.....
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Short answer, might be Comcast.

This is a technology developed for/by Comcast in the US.. If they have not added it, it wont really be available for rogers to use it up here.

Doing some quick searches.. it looks like they MIGHT have just added technology for this recently for Comcast.. so something we might see up here?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Comcast allows customers to access their Xfinity TV service with a Roku app as well as their Smart TVs.  There is already another thread in the Rogers forums asking about their availability on Ignite TV.

The status of plans for an Xfinity Stream launch on Apple TV seems to be a bit murky at the moment.  There are reports of contractual and tvOS platform integration issues that need to be resolved but I don't know how credible these reports actually are.  When Comcast does offer their app on additional partner devices, we'll see it here.

Fearme
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope it comes soon!! It’s on the iPhone and iPad so why not Apple TV?
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Because having it on iPad and iPhone doesn't eat into box rental revenue....
kentwinsor
I've Been Around

Agreed!! I’m with Bell for the reason that I can get their Bell Fibe ALT option and not have a single set top box to pay rent on. Rogers needs this option. I would go back if they had Ignite skinny option on Apple TV and Firestick. Im sure many others would as well.
JR2009
I've Been Around

Hi we just got Rogers ignite tv package. We also have a subscription to Apple TV programs. Is there any way to get the Apple TV on our smart tv. We have a subscription to Netflix and prime and we’re able to get those. But not apple help
kks
I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to know too. We have Amazon prime on our tv with ignite and also Netflix but not Apple TV? What gives?