No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

Yes, but did you unplug it and blow in the connector? 😉 Old trick to make sure the person on the other end of the phone does it and does not just say they did it, give them something to do.

Is the box connected directly to the TV? I had a problem where my receiver (a Denon) developed a problem on it's 4K inputs. All sorts of problems that I thought was Rogers but turned out to be the AV receiver. I switched to non 4K inputs (older model, only had 1 4K) and it works fine. I cannot get 4K at all using that, but I never watch anything in 4K.

Is the Wifi signal strong on the box? Can you try it wired, even just to test?
Bglad
I've Been Here Awhile

Oh, I know all those tricks, Don. This old dog's been around the block a few times...

The box is indeed connected directly to the TV. I have a sound bar connected to the TV as well, via digital optical cable. I suppose I could use an HDMI cable and the sound bar's ARC connector, but I've always believed optical provides the cleanest pass through sound. 

WiFi signal is very strong. The TVs are the only devices connecting/using the SSID from the Gateway; I have a discrete mesh network running off the Gateway's ethernet port, and all the computers/phones/doorbells/toasters in the house connect to that SSID. 

Bglad
I've Been Here Awhile

Posting here because I did get quick service last time...

4K is still not working properly. The only way I can get the 4K channels to "load" is if I restart the gateway, otherwise, I just get the "three dots" graphic.

I don't think that's the way the application is designed. Is there something else that can be done here?