cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

skadriancor
I've been here awhile

No access to Stingray Now 4K & Stingray Festival 4K

I recently subscribed to the Ignite TV popular package which includes the 4K channels. But I only seems to have access to the Sportsnet & TSN 4k channels. Stingray Now 4K & Stingray Festival 4K appear as not subscribed for me. 

Shouldn't these be activated for me?

**Labels Added**

28 REPLIES 28

Re: No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

Bglad
I've been here awhile

Oh, I know all those tricks, Don. This old dog's been around the block a few times...

The box is indeed connected directly to the TV. I have a sound bar connected to the TV as well, via digital optical cable. I suppose I could use an HDMI cable and the sound bar's ARC connector, but I've always believed optical provides the cleanest pass through sound. 

WiFi signal is very strong. The TVs are the only devices connecting/using the SSID from the Gateway; I have a discrete mesh network running off the Gateway's ethernet port, and all the computers/phones/doorbells/toasters in the house connect to that SSID. 

Bglad
I've been here awhile
Posting here because I did get quick service last time...

4K is still not working properly. The only way I can get the 4K channels to "load" is if I restart the gateway, otherwise, I just get the "three dots" graphic.

I don't think that's the way the application is designed. Is there something else that can be done here?

rparkington
I plan to stick around

When we first got Ignite TV, if we tried to view a program (primarily on SportsNet) that was available in 4K, the Ignite TV box would prompt to press info and it would switch to the 4K version. It’s has stopped doing that but I’d like it back if possible. Cables are all HDMI 2.1 compliant and the Ignite TV is connected to a Sony X900H.

@rparkington  FYI, Rogers has also reserved 970-999 for 4K channels, so you can also tune into TSN4K (991), SN14K(996) and SN4K(997) directly.

rparkington
I plan to stick around
I figured out the problem by checking Comcast’s boards. I’d turned off Notifications which stopped this from happening. Turning it back on solved it.

techuser123
I plan to stick around

I seem to be missing some of the 4K channels as well despite the fact that I am on one of the new Ignite Premier offerings.  How do I go about getting these added - who do I PM to do so for me?

I seem to be missing both Stingray Now 4K and Stingray Festival 4K.  I had the Stingray Now 4K on my legacy Premier Ignite bundle.

Thank you.

techuser123
I plan to stick around

Thanks to @RogersMaude I was able to get the channels activated.  Thank you!!!

xxrrtt70
I've been around
Thats because your receiver is to old.it won't pass the 4k signal time for a new one
Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 14 in conversation