cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

skadriancor
I've been here awhile

No access to Stingray Now 4K & Stingray Festival 4K

I recently subscribed to the Ignite TV popular package which includes the 4K channels. But I only seems to have access to the Sportsnet & TSN 4k channels. Stingray Now 4K & Stingray Festival 4K appear as not subscribed for me. 

Shouldn't these be activated for me?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

I applied the add-on and it works now. Thanks!

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

No Access to 4K Content on Ignite TV

RogersYasmine

Hello @skadriancor,

Thanks for your post! Hopefully, you are enjoying your new Ignite TV services! 🙂

For Ignite TV customers who own a 4K TV, they are eligible to access any available 4K content for free if they are subscribed to our Popular or Premier TV packages. For customers who are on our Select package, there is a $10/month fee.

There is a special 4K add-on that must be manually applied to enable access at your end. My sincere apologies if this was not added at the time of activation.

If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

I applied the add-on and it works now. Thanks!

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

Hi @skadriancor ,

Did you have to pay for these other 4K channels (Stingray Festival 4K and Stingray Now 4K) with your Popular Ignite TV Package or were they included?
I was told by a Rogers Customer Care Rep in an email conversation today that those channels aren’t included in the Popular TV Package. I was told that only the Sportsnet 4K and TSN 4K channels are included.

They told me that I must have misunderstood the response given to your post by @RogersYasmine .

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

What addons was applied?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
What is this add-on? How is that done?

Good morning @Biollw and @Don_Ca, in order to access the 4K content for free on the Popular or Premier TV packages, there is an add on that needs to be manually applied from our end. For customers who are on our Select package, there is a $10/month fee.

If either are of you have a 4K TV we can apply the add on to your accounts. Depending on your package type, there may be a charge.

Hope this helps :). 

RogersZia

HappyOak
I plan to stick around

For any moderator who read this - please help me with this add on to be added, I have Ignite Premier and I do not have access to any available 4K content - any 4k channel display the screen warning to call Rogers.

Please help me to fix this, I have 4k TVs.

Appreciate it ! 

Hey @HappyOak!

Thanks for reaching out to us via PM to get your 4K content enabled! I'm so glad I was able to assist. Let us know if there's anything else you need!

@RogersAndy

bwilliamp
I plan to stick around

Hello Rogers help,

If this needs to be enabled on my account. How does one do this?

Popular Ignite TV package.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bwilliamp wrote:

Hello Rogers help,

If this needs to be enabled on my account. How does one do this?

Popular Ignite TV package.

Welcome to the Community!  You should have been subscribed to the "4K Channel Pack" by default.

To confirm this, check the Guide to see whether you are subscribed to channels in the 970-999 range... and confirm that Settings / Device Settings / Video Display / Video Output Resolution on your set-top box is set to output a 4K signal.

If you don't have access to 4K channels and content, send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  and they can add the 4K package to your account.  (For more information, see the instructions in @RogersYasmine 's post.)

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

I think you are mistaken. I was told by Rogers on this forum and on the phone that the Popular Ignite TV Package only comes with TSN 4K  and Sportsnet 4K. Any other 4K channels would need to be paid for as an extra monthly charge.

@Mrcanada1968  Thanks for clarifying.  All that I meant to say was that if you were subscribed to any 4K channels, they should show up in your guide in the 970-999 range, as per the Ignite TV Channel FAQ, not that you would necessarily get access to all the 4K channels that Rogers offered.  You only get free access to the available 4K versions of HD channels that you subscribe to.

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the clarification. This has actually been a bone of contention, as I have read a few posts on this forum that the Premiere and Popular Ignite tiers should actually include all currently available 4K channels that Rogers offers at no extra cost. I haven’t been able to confirm this however anywhere on the Rogers website. The Ignite bundles listed aren’t clear regarding what 4K channels are included or even offered.

@Mrcanada1968  To be honest, I don't really pay all that much attention as to which 4K channels that I get.  Most of the channels that I watch are only available in HD.  Anything that I get in 4K is a bonus.

With Premier and the Flex channels that I subscribe to, I get the TSN and SportsNet 4K channels, Love Nature 4K, plus a few others.  I expect that more channels will get added over time, including some 4K-only channels that I may or may not get free access to as a Premier subscriber.  If I were to swap out the TSN Flex channels, I would expect that I would lose access to TSN 4K.

Mrcanada1968
I plan to stick around

I understand. I just like getting the channels that I should be getting in the Popular Ignite Package and I can’t seem to find that information anywhere. Does Nature 4K even have a regular HD channel? It was my understanding from what I have read on these forums that ALL available 4K channels would be free for the Premiere and Popular Ignite tiers, but I am currently only receiving Sportsnet 4K and TSN 4K. Shouldn’t this information be easier to find?

@Mrcanada1968 wrote:

I understand. I just like getting the channels that I should be getting in the Popular Ignite Package and I can’t seem to find that information anywhere. Does Nature 4K even have a regular HD channel?

Yes, it does.  I subscribe to Love Nature and I receive it in HD on channel 238.

It was my understanding from what I have read on these forums that ALL available 4K channels would be free for the Premiere and Popular Ignite tiers, but I am currently only receiving Sportsnet 4K and TSN 4K. Shouldn’t this information be easier to find?

The only thing that I recall seeing (when recently helping a family member shop for Ignite TV) was that if you did not subscribe to Ignite Premier or Popular, that you had to pay extra in order to receive 4K channels.

The last printed copy of the Premier channels that I have only lists the 4K sports channels as flex channels and nothing else in the pre-allocated 4K channel range, so I was always under the impression that any 4K channels that I received corresponded to the HD channels that I was subscribed to.

Bglad
I've been here awhile

I have the Ignite TV Popular. I have a 4K TV (TCL 5-series 2020). Until recently, I was able to watch Raptors games in 4K.

This past week, none of the 4K channels will load. I just get the "3 bubbles" loading icon.

I have rebooted the Gateway. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Reboot the local box too?

Bglad
I've been here awhile

YUP.

That's Tech Support 101, isn't it?  😉

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Yes, but did you unplug it and blow in the connector? 😉 Old trick to make sure the person on the other end of the phone does it and does not just say they did it, give them something to do.

Is the box connected directly to the TV? I had a problem where my receiver (a Denon) developed a problem on it's 4K inputs. All sorts of problems that I thought was Rogers but turned out to be the AV receiver. I switched to non 4K inputs (older model, only had 1 4K) and it works fine. I cannot get 4K at all using that, but I never watch anything in 4K.

Is the Wifi signal strong on the box? Can you try it wired, even just to test?
Topic Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 14 in conversation