New Ignite TV Service But Account Not Activated Yet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

New Ignite TV Service But Account Not Activated Yet

I upgraded my Rogers internet package from the basic 30mbs package to the Ignite 150 and the service was done on January 4th, 2020. I have yet to get a faster speed than what i had and currently i have 3mbs. Ive called Rogers for the last few weeks and what they are telling me is that the service call was completed and I have the ignite router and tv boxes, but my account hasn't been "activated". So technically i do not have any service to my house, not paying anything, because the account is not "activated". Has anybody ever had this happen before where they upgrade to ignite internet and TV and have to wait days, weeks, or months in order for the account to become active after the tech comes to swap out the equipment? Therefore leaving you without any service at all. very frustrating to say the least. Any help on this? Who do i need to contact to get this resolved? Ignite customer service is just telling me its in the hands of the IT department, they can't do anything to expedite it, we just have to wait it out until the get it fixed.

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Ignite TV Service But Account Not Activated Yet

No, that's not normal. When my Ignite TV service got installed, it was fully functional before the installation tech left the house. If the Forums will allow it in their current state, you can try sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps / https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1446984 . The Rogers Community team is awesome -- they should be able to provide you with an explanation as to why your Ignite TV account has not been "activated". Another option for getting your situation resolved is to call Tech Support and escalate to a Manager. You should also speak to somebody on the business side to make sure that you are not getting billed for any services that you are not receiving.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Ignite TV Service But Account Not Activated Yet

Fwiw, there have been issues in the not too distant past with account activations,resulting in delays of several days, or weeks of delays.