New Ignite TV Self Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: New Ignite TV Self Install

Page up will skip ahead either 30 secs or 5 min depending on you setup. Page dwn goes back 15 secs.

ColdGranite
I Plan to Stick Around

@Biollw wrote:

Page up will skip ahead either 30 secs or 5 min depending on you setup. Page dwn goes back 15 secs.

mine goes 5 min forward and 5 min back...

Where do you set the preference for that? I can't find it. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ColdGranite wrote:

@Biollw wrote:

mine goes 5 min forward and 5 min back...

Where do you set the preference for that? I can't find it. 

Here are two ways to do this:

1. While watching a TV channel, press Exit three times, then key in: 0 0 3 0
  2. Press and hold the Rogers (Menu) button for three seconds, then key in: Up Up 2.  When prompted to Enter Control Code, key in: 0 0 3 0

This magic code changes how the set-top box responds to the Page Up and Page Down buttons.  To go back to the default, key in "0500" rather than"0030".

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I change it to 30 seconds and it does not hold that value. It randomly changes it back to 5 mins. Likely when I start to watch a show that currently recording, it changes to 5 mins.

I have to go change it back to 30 seconds. 

sadchel
I Plan to Stick Around

On The Shopping Channel today they were offering a promo deal on Ignite TV that included free installation. I wonder if this means Rogers has started in home installs again? 

ColdGranite
I Plan to Stick Around

I would doubt it.

They are probably just waiving the $29 self-install fee.