New Ignite TV Self Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: New Ignite TV Self Install

I'm in the same situation.  My understanding is this situation is due to the pandemic.  I guess they figure it's worth sacrificing a tech to snag a new customer, but not to upgrade an existing one.  😉

As I recall, my increase wasn't as much as yours, but they asked me to call back in a few weeks to see if an install can be arranged.  Also, I managed to get my Ignite 75 Internet to go from 500 GB cap to unlimited and my cell phone from 7 GB to 10.  I also got Crave @ $10/month for 4 months, to try it.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Well, after speaking to several Rogers agents over the past couple of weeks, I’ve gotten nowhere. That article released in the news back in April about Rogers killing all loyalty offers is true. After a lengthy and mostly positive relationship with Rogers, I’ve decided to call it quits. I signed up for Bell Fibe because Rogers couldn’t confirm when I’d be able to get Ignite and a better deal. Unfortunately Bell only offers vdsl FTTN in my area so the fastest internet I can get thru them is 100Mbps, which is what I signed up for. The deal was too good to pass up and will end up being much cheaper than what I will end up paying Rogers starting next month. Along with 100Mbps Internet, I’m getting their Better TV package and home phone with unlimited North American calling and 8 calling features. I don’t need the home phone but it ended up being cheaper in the long run (credits don’t expire for as long as I’m with Bell). It ended up being $140/month and they thru in Crave TV at no additional charge for 1 year. Not happy about switching to Bell but happy with the money I’ll be saving. Installation is scheduled for July 30th and Rogers services will be cancelled on the 31st. Farewell Rogers. It’s been a pleasure. Good luck to everyone else.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers explained it to me like this, if existing customers attempt the self install and something goes wrong they are unable to send a tech and there is no guarantee the old services would work again whereas new customers have nothing to lose. That sounds like the biggest crock I’ve ever heard.

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Lol yup...it is a crock. Pretty sure JKnott is correct. Rogers is probably willing to take the risk to acquire new customers but isn’t willing to take the same risk to keep existing customers happy. I spoke to four different Rogers agents, and each time I asked why it’s allowed for new customers but not for existing customers, I literally got four different answers. One agent even told me that I couldn’t get it because I had home phone. I told her I didn’t need home phone and then she said “well no it’s not because of the home phone.” Lol. She literally changed her reason in a matter of seconds. Anyway, I was just tired of the runaround. I know for a fact that I’ll have problems with Bell, but I just can’t justify paying $60 more per month than what I’m currently paying Rogers now and $75 more per month compared to my Bell offer! So I took the plunge. It’s a shame really but it is what it is. What a complete 180 Rogers has pulled with customer service lately.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

man, I can’t even GET a price IF my mother in law was to change over to ignite.

Talked to more CSR’s than I ever wanted to and got absolutely nowhere.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

we're having issues with our current tv/net, it's not something that can be resolved any time soon (line issue on the nearby hwy affecting my area), and we had a tech out yesterday who suggested maybe switching to ignite. so wum and i(the wife)  look over our options and i call in tonight:

first actually local call centre: oh yeah, you qualify! we can help you, sorry about your ongoing issues, but we have a concierge service and they can set you up better, let me transfer you...

me: okay!

maritimes centre: let me see if you qualify, oh you do, but sorry we're not allowing the migration right now...

me: umm what? wait, why transfer me and see if i can have it, if it's not available? why even advertise it?

martimes centre: well we might be able to do it in a week or two... see if you were a brand new customer, you could have it, because you're required to have internet...

me: i do understand about not allowing techs into homes, but this doesn't require one, it can be self installed.

so, now i am questioning, is it even worth the hassle? considering every time the weather changes our tv/net are messed up already and no hope of getting that fixed any time soon. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Wumdaorf wrote:

we're having issues with our current tv/net, it's not something that can be resolved any time soon (line issue on the nearby hwy affecting my area), and we had a tech out yesterday who suggested maybe switching to ignite. so wum and i(the wife)  look over our options and i call in tonight:

If you're currently on Rogers Digital Cable and are having issues, the last thing you want to do is switch to IgniteTV. IgniteTV requires a solid (good) signal to function properly. I have no idea why the Tech would even suggest it if you have problems now.

I suggest you read through the various IgniteTV threads here to see the issues that many people have, even if their signal is half decent.

Perhaps you can PM the @CommunityHelps people here to see if there's something they can do to rectify your current situation.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

aww yeah, nothing any one can do to fix our issue here, the whole area is affected by the lines by the hwy... it actually took years, a tech that lived down the road having the exact same issue, for them to trace down a line that was cracked/exposed/weather affected on the hwy and replace it... we're facing the same issue again, and sadly the tech moved away. the infrastructure in ontario is absolutely ancient, or severely abused the last few years from the storms. i know this because i used to be a bell tech. i'd still rather be with rogers than bell, the stories i could tell...

Highlighted

Hello, @Wumdaorf

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Having to deal with the same issue for such a long time can definitely become a major source of frustration. Especially if it went away for a period of time and only returned recently.

We'd like to take a look at this for you to see if we can detect anything specific that is affecting your area. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Now that Toronto is in stage 3 does anybody know if Rogers is doing installs yet?
I really don’t have the patience to stay on hold forever to find out.

Thanks