New Ignite TV Self Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New Ignite TV Self Install

@JKnott you're switching to Rogers fibre or the building is switching to Rogers fibre?  Its its the building that is switching over to fibre, my guess is that Rogers would run fibre to the utility room and then install a Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) that is fibre fed, but which then runs copper cable to the units, using the existing cabling.  

If its an individual installation, then you would have to decide which cable run you want to use as the Ignite TV system employs an Arris or Technicolor XB6 and Xi6-A or Xi6-T set top boxes.  Everything else, such as your current internet modem, Nextboxes and Home Phone modem are removed.  

Switching over to a single modem and one or more set top boxes can be a challenge depending on the layout of your condo, available ethernet cabling and wifi conditions. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink

No, I was just speculating about what they'd do. In fact, since I have a pair of conduits right to the utility room, carrying nothing but coax, it would be trivial to run fibre all the way.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So after 3 months waiting for on an appointment for a "self-install" of IgniteTV, I will soon be receiving my equipment hand-delivered by a Rogers tech as part of their "enhanced self-install". So excited... will keep you all posted about how it goes!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The technician arrived on time this morning and the install went very well. The new equipment is much tidier and smaller footprint than the previous generation. Self-install was a good option in my case but I can see that it is not for everyone. One thing Rogers could do to guarantee a smooth install is to use a checklist about wireless phone and smart TV features in use in the home.

Having the technician check the external connection did provide an extended benefit. He verified the wiring and made a few changes that improved signal strength.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't understand, I live in a house and currently have Rogers cable, internet and phone.  My promotion is finishing and I chatted with an agent to discuss my promotion.  The best promotion was to add another $40 on top of my current bill...I don't think so.  I mentioned the Ignite bundles are cheaper than what they were offering and asked if I could get the ignite bundle instead?  I was told I couldn't migrate to that service due to the quarantine.  IF I can self install, why can't I migrate to the ignite bundle?  I just don't understand?  What am I missing?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@amoreira wrote:

I don't understand, I live in a house and currently have Rogers cable, internet and phone.  My promotion is finishing and I chatted with an agent to discuss my promotion.  The best promotion was to add another $40 on top of my current bill...I don't think so.  I mentioned the Ignite bundles are cheaper than what they were offering and asked if I could get the ignite bundle instead?  I was told I couldn't migrate to that service due to the quarantine.  IF I can self install, why can't I migrate to the ignite bundle?  I just don't understand?  What am I missing?

As far as I can tell, the only customers that Rogers will allow to self-install Ignite Internet/TV are either existing Rogers customers that have Internet only or new customers that do not currently have any Rogers services.

Rogers has never provided any official explanation for this policy.  My guess is that if you are an existing Digital TV customer, you could have splitters (powered and passive), filters, attenuators, disconnected cable runs, old connectors, etc. that all need to be cleaned up and brought up-to-spec with current standards in order to get an Ignite TV/Internet installation that is in a good working state.

If you have legacy Home Phone, Ignite Home Phone will need to be installed in its place.  The installation needs to be done properly and remnants from the old installation need to be cleaned up.  Furthermore, only the Rogers techs have access to the tools that are needed to port your phone number from the old system to the new system.

Okay... so a tech is required to install Ignite TV/Internet/Home Phone.  If you agree to switch to Ignite, what I don't understand is why Rogers won't either extend your discounts or why they won't match the price of what you would pay with Ignite for the equivalent services.  The current policy will only upset and/or drive away loyal customers to their competitors.  It doesn't make sense.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks for the explanation.  I currently have internet, digital cable and home phone with Rogers. I asked for an extension of my current promotion until such time I could get the ignite installed,  but was refused.  I have been with Rogers forever and was real disappointed, so I cancelled everything and now have to search elsewhere.  Perhaps I will just subscribe to internet and forget about home phone and cable.  It really is a shame the Rogers agent was more than willing to just say good bye to me as a customer.  Oh well, such is life.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@amoreira wrote:

thanks for the explanation.

Perhaps I will just subscribe to internet and forget about home phone and cable.  It really is a shame the Rogers agent was more than willing to just say good bye to me as a customer.  Oh well, such is life.

No problem.  Hopefully you will get a callback from Retentions and you will get a better offer.

I blame the COVID-19 situation for this.  Rogers has had to adjust established processes on-the-fly to keep things up and running, their systems are inflexible, and their people don't currently seem to be empowered (or have the ability/authority that they once did) to make decisions that are in the best interests of the business and their customers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The agent actually mentioned she was from Retentions department and the managers only had the same deal she did.  Still a little perplexed.  I have never been able to reach some sort of agreement on a price with Rogers, but in the past they have been more flexible.  I won't hold my breath for a call back.  Will definitely post here if that does happen!

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Can someone please explain to me why new Rogers customers are able to get Ignite TV service but I (customer since 2011 at this address and since 1986 at my old address) cannot?!  My Digital cable promotions are expiring this month and my bill will increase by $60/month.  I've spoken to several agents (including loyalty) and keep getting told that Rogers is not allowing Ignite installations to existing customers...only new customers.  To get a better deal, I need to switch to Ignite but I'm not allowed to!!  I've even filed a complaint thru the Rogers website over a week ago but haven't heard back from anyone.  Very frustrated and confused.