cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Ignite TV Remote Control

PG_AAA
I've been here awhile

I got my ignite tv back in November 2019. The ignite TV package definitely has more features than the previous Rogers TV with the old PVR. The ignite TV/internet is also much faster.

However, one major drawback is the inferior and cheap looking remote control that comes with the Ignite TV.

The most annoying feature is the middle navigation buttons that are one-piece design instead of individual buttons.

You better have strong fingers to press the buttons to navigate with the remote and if you use it long enough your fingers will get worn down. If you're old you will struggle with the remote.  If you're a woman with long and nicely manicured finger nails, you'll likely ruin your nails.

That's too bad because the ignite TV is very good product but Roger's has gone cheap with the remote control.

Also, if you use the rewind/fast forward buttons, it's very difficult to find the exact instant where you want to stop.

The button response is delayed.

Rogers should provide the old remote controls because they were way way superior in performance and dump the new one which is mediocre at best.

The new remote control look exactly as the one sold in Amazon.  Here's the link:  https://www.amazon.com/Xfinity-Comcast-XR15-Control-Backlight/dp/B079R427VR

***Added Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New Ignite TV Remote Control

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are quite a few negative comments about the XR15 remote.  You could try calling various Rogers stores in your area to see if you can swap it for an XR11 which is a bit better.

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

As for FF & REW, you can use voice commands to say "skip ahead 3 minutes" or something similar.

You can also reprogramme the skip ahead functionality for 30 seconds:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Question-regarding-Ignite-TV-remote/m-p/449148#M3516

LBennett55
I've been around

This remote is the most horrible remote to use. As you said my fingers hurt trying to navigate with that middle button.  Also there’s no info button on this remote. I hate it 😡😡

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LBennett55  Hi, and welcome to the Community!

Yeah, the buttons on the Ignite XR15 remote are rather stiff but they do "break in" and will become easier to press after a bit of use.

Also, the "Info" button is the round "( i )" button, located above the "3"

Other non-intuitive keys are the "Pg ^" and "Pg v" buttons, located to the right of the Rogers (Menu) button, which are used to "skip ahead" or "skip backwards", and you can reprogram your Ignite set-top box so that these buttons skip ahead 30 seconds and skip backwards 15 seconds rather than the default of 5 minutes.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I do not like the X15 remote.  Can I get a X11 to replace it?  I only have one X15 and it came with a replacement box.  I do not like the buttons on the X15 or the missing jump back button.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don_Ca wrote:

I do not like the X15 remote.  Can I get a X11 to replace it?  I only have one X15 and it came with a replacement box.  I do not like the buttons on the X15 or the missing jump back button.  

That's a question for @CommunityHelps .  Rogers switched to the XR15 more than a year ago.  I don't know if they would even have any XR11 remotes in stock anywhere anymore.  If they don't, you can still find them for sale on Amazon, on both the Canadian and US sites, but they are now in shorter supply and getting more expensive.

The XR15 does not have a dedicated "TV Power" button and some functions are mapped to different keys/key combinations, but it can still perform the same functions as the XR11: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

The biggest annoyance with actively using both the XR11 and XR15 remotes is that their button layouts are similar enough and different enough, and I was always pressing the wrong buttons... although I now prefer the XR15 layout now that I am used to it even though its design is less intuitive.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
The X15 buttons do not feel as good. X11 feels better.

Jaci
I've been here awhile
On the old remote it has the replay button that skips back like 30 seconds does this new one have that option as I haven't figured it out yet?? Thanks

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jaci wrote:
On the old remote it has the replay button that skips back like 30 seconds does this new one have that option as I haven't figured it out yet?? Thanks

To skip forwards/backwards with the Ignite remote, use the Page Up and Page Down buttons.

A few posts ago, I also provided instructions on how to change the skip-ahead interval to 30 seconds.

For more information about the remote's functions, check out: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I was able to purchase a xr11 at local rogers store for $25 just a few months ago, perhaps check local stores for availability. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jaci wrote:

Replay was 10 seconds on Digital Cable.  It can be checked by recording something with a clock like CP24.  I use that functionality quite a bit after FF through a commercial. If I go too far and would miss some programming, I hit the replay button to go back 10 seconds. 30 seconds would be way too much for such an instance (for me).

I'm not on Ignite so I don't know what the replay button on the XR11 remote did...  Perhaps someone else with the XR11can test.  You may need to hit the replay button a few times to confirm that it is 10 seconds, or whatever on Ignite.  

sullivad
I've been around

Was wondering where to find the pause button on my new ignite remote control

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sullivad wrote:

Was wondering where to find the pause button on my new ignite remote control

The Ignite remotes have a combined Play / Pause button.  There is no Stop button.

For more info on the Ignite remote functions, go to: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/get-to-know-xr11-remote

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 in conversation