cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix thumbnails blacked out

Trish_murphy
I've been here awhile

I recently got Ignite and was happy with the ease of access to things.  Initially Netflix worked fine but about 5 days in most of the thumbnails images turned black so you can’t tell what show it is.  I have done the whole reset and restart as I also had the no connection issue I see many people complaining about. I have logged a ticket but wondered if anyone else had experienced this issue and found a way to address it.  It basically makes the app unusable. Other apps work fine for the most part.  

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Netflix thumbnails blacked out

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

When you say that you try tried the reset and restart things, I assume you mean that you pressed the A button to reset Netflix, and/or power-cycled your modem and tv box.

It sounds like you have a wifi issue, since the content and thumbnails use a different path.

You can switch to Ethernet connection to see if that fixes the problem. If it does, you can then work on improving your WiFi signal with pods, or change to dual-band wifi setting (if Ignite TV has that), or get a new Gateway, or wait for other suggestions.

Clearing your Netflix cache might also work.

It could be a DNS problem that an alternate DNS setting change might fix, if that's possible with router and Ignite TV.

https://www.guidingtech.com/71072/missing-thumbnails-netflix/

Re: Netflix thumbnails blacked out

Trish_murphy
I've been here awhile

Thanks!  Yes that’s what I meant regarding reset including clearing cache.  My wifi strength looks fine when I check and in the Netflix info in settings but TV is in basement and gateway is upstairs so maybe that’s the issue.  I may  use Chromecast for Netflix going forward. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation