cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix not in 1080 HD

Mcmac80
I've been here awhile
I've had an issue in the last month or so where when I watch Netflix through my IgniteTV, I cannot see full HD quality. Not 4k, but 1080. I would say at best it's 720, maybe even 540.

When watching any movie now, I am watching Netflix through my PS4 as that shows 1080 quality no problem. I should also mention that regular TV, YouTube, Amazon Prime, etc., all work fine in full HD quality.

I have tried rebooting & searching anywhere online for answers. If any other service or Netflix on another device showed the same thing, I'd say it's an internet issue...but this leads me to believe it is to limit quality?

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netflix not in 1080 HD

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mcmac80  Welcome to the Community!

I'm not experiencing any video quality issues with Netflix.  I'm not sure what could be causing problems for you.

First, double-check your set-top box's video output settings by going to Settings / Device Settings / Video Display / Video Output Resolution"; if you have a 1080p TV, it should be set to "16:9, 1080p60 HD"

Netflix does reduce the bitrate (and video quality) in response to degraded network conditions.  You can do some basic network testing in the Netflix app by going to the Home screen, clicking the left arrow to access the menu, select "Get Help", "Check your network".  At the end of testing, it should report, "Network check successful."

If everything looks okay, you can double-check your Netflix account's streaming quality settings by going to: https://www.netflix.com/hdtoggle

If everything still looks good, try resetting the Netflix app on your Ignite set-top box:  Press the "A" button on your Ignite remote to access the Help screen, then use the right arrow and scroll to "Reset Netflix"

This should reset the Netflix app into a clean state, and you will also need to log into the Netflix app again.

Best of luck with your troubleshooting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mcmac80  Welcome to the Community!

I'm not experiencing any video quality issues with Netflix.  I'm not sure what could be causing problems for you.

First, double-check your set-top box's video output settings by going to Settings / Device Settings / Video Display / Video Output Resolution"; if you have a 1080p TV, it should be set to "16:9, 1080p60 HD"

Netflix does reduce the bitrate (and video quality) in response to degraded network conditions.  You can do some basic network testing in the Netflix app by going to the Home screen, clicking the left arrow to access the menu, select "Get Help", "Check your network".  At the end of testing, it should report, "Network check successful."

If everything looks okay, you can double-check your Netflix account's streaming quality settings by going to: https://www.netflix.com/hdtoggle

If everything still looks good, try resetting the Netflix app on your Ignite set-top box:  Press the "A" button on your Ignite remote to access the Help screen, then use the right arrow and scroll to "Reset Netflix"

This should reset the Netflix app into a clean state, and you will also need to log into the Netflix app again.

Best of luck with your troubleshooting!

Mcmac80
I've been here awhile
From the Ignite menu, resetting the Netflix app, and re-logging into the app fixed the issue.

Thanks for your prompt reply 🙂

adamvinh
I've been here awhile

I have been using Netflix for years now and most amazing feature in the app was filter option, which has been removed. I don't know what was the reason behind it but it was a really good feature, it allowed users to search based on language, dubbing language it made searching for shows much easier and I think it should be brought back.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 in conversation