Netflix codec issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Netflix codec issues

Has anyone noticed streaming Netflix on the Ignite box that when the picture is supposed to be a black screen with maybe a little bit of text (like credits) the picture washes out into a mostly gray or white pixellated mess, often rendering the text unreadable?

20191119_1624531.jpg20191119_1625401.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

Re: Netflix codec issues

Hey @fgfgf!

That's certainly a strange occurrence. I admittedly haven't seen pixelation and whiteout happen on Netflix myself, but it certainly would raise an eyebrow if I had. Can you confirm for us if this happens consistently with all content? Only some content?

Does it occur only when using Netflix?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

I'm Here A Lot

Hey there Andy, 

Here's where it happens:

- only on Netflix, on multiple programs and consistently in the same spots, even after reboots

- usually when there is a fade to black, or black screen with some text on it

- black screen goes white or grey, text is usually unreadable, and pixellation continues for a couple of seconds once the picture comes back

- picture is fine on other devices, and on the same screen with a different media player

For your reference, pictures I posted are from Locked Up S2E6 just before the Next Episode preview.  

Thank you so much for the additional information! I would recommend reaching out to technical support then at your convenience so a ticket can be escalated to investigate. Alternatively you can reach out to us at @CommunityHelps. For more information on our PM system check out our blog.

@RogersAndy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wanted to say I just experienced the same thing.

The beginning of the episode which did have white text on black, and was fine. But did the exact same thing as pictured above on the tail end of the credits.

I've Been Here Awhile

Intermittent video issues youtube

I’m having a problem with playing YouTube through the ignite tv system. When YouTube is played through the ignite tv box I lose video (audio is fine). The screen goes white and pixelated. I’ve been able to replicate it on two different Rogers ignite tv boxes (I have two in my home). When I play the same video on YouTube via my smart TV app on my LG tv instead it works perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on here?

Good morning @BP44!

Welcome to our Community!

Is this issue potentially happening with any and all YouTube videos or specific videos? Please let me know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Does it happen consistently in the same video/s?  Picture comes back after a while?  I haven't noticed it on Youtube myself, but I don't use the Ignite box too much for this purpose.  Sounds like it could be the same problem.

I do have a ticket in for the original Netflix issue.  Hopefully an update to fix it comes through.