cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Profile Different on Ignite TV

goaltender
I'm Here A Lot

Wondering if you ever figured this out.  When I use Netflix through my Rogers box vs my PC/Tablet, my profile seems to be different (down to the icon).  The programs I've previously watched aren't showing through my Rogers box.

***Edited Label***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Netflix Profile Different on Ignite TV

RogersJermaine

Hello @goaltender,

That’s strange that your profile is loading differently on the Ignite box compared to your PC/Tablet. 

Here are a few things that you can try and let us know if it helps resolve your issue. 

•    Resetting Netflix 
•    Reboot the modem and Ignite TV box 
•    Complete a System Refresh

The complete detail of the above steps can be found here.

Cheers 
RogersJermaine

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@goaltender wrote:

Wondering if you ever figured this out.  When I use Netflix through my Rogers box vs my PC/Tablet, my profile seems to be different (down to the icon).  The programs I've previously watched aren't showing through my Rogers box.

Did you use the "Sign In" button or the "Join Now" button to log into Netflix from your Ignite set-top box?  If you used "Join Now", you would have created a new, separate Netflix account that gets billed to your Rogers account.

Netflix - How to use Netflix on your Rogers set-top box

Netflix - Netflix Billing through Rogers

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/netflix-on-ignite-tv

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/netflix-rogers-billing-faqs

Thank you for the information.  I had re-booted both the modem and the TV box.  My next step was the system refresh, however, the issue seems to have resolved itself on its own.

Thanks for the response.  I hadn't signed out from Netflix when it started appearing differently.  I always used Sign In with my existing credentials when trying to fix it.  The issue has resolved itself today.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@goaltender wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I hadn't signed out from Netflix when it started appearing differently.  I always used Sign In with my existing credentials when trying to fix it.  The issue has resolved itself today.

That's good to hear.  However, I don't know why you would have had that weird issue.  I would still advise you to double-check MyRogers just to make sure that you do not have another active Netflix subscription getting billed to your account.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation