My Experience with Rogers Ignite TV Install

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

My Experience with Rogers Ignite TV Install

A few weeks ago, I received a call from someone working at Rogers. I was told that Rogers was pushing Ignite services, and they wanted to know when they could come over to install the new hardware. As this sounded sketchy, I told them my schedule will be busy for the next few weeks, and I would have to get back them.  They insisted on coming by in two weeks anyway.

I contacted Rogers to report this guy as a possible scammer. They told me that Ignite services are optional, not required. They also had no record of him contacting me. At this point, I'm a little worried about who this guy is. This exchange lasted about 3 hours between multiple agents.

A few days later, I get an email from Rogers about my services changes. I didn't approve this. I contact Rogers once again to know what's going on. Apparently this guy is an actual Rogers installer, he was just very forceful. I ask to speak to someone who could at least explain what the differences are with this new service, to decide if I want to accept it or not. I asked if the guide still let me watch shows in the corner as I browsed what else to watch. I asked if any existing channels would be removed. The agent assured me the guide keeps the window, and no channels are removed. After another 1 1/2 hours, I accept Ignite.

On the day the installer is coming by, I wait. And wait. He eventually arrives at my door at the last possible minute, empty handed. Then disappears for another 15 minutes to get the equipment. I'm already angry with everything that's happened so far, and he's messing up my schedule, so I want him out ASAP. As it turns out, one of the remotes won't work right, so he has to come back the next day.

Installer: I can come by tomorrow morning. It's just a quick 5 minute fix

Me: I'm not home until 4:30PM

Installer: Ok, I'll come by in the morning.

He heads out. He left the old equipment here. I try using my TV. The guide doesn't show the currently played show. Crave/HBO is gone too. I'm fuming.

I contact Rogers for the 3rd time. My Payment History is gone. It's combining information from the old Digital services, and the new Ignite service. It says I still have Crave on the website. It doesn't stop. After spending more time with several reps passing me back and forth, those issues are resolved. Now to wait for the installer again.

I call him again in the morning to ensure he has the correct information.

Me: Hey, you came by yesterday, but the remote wasn't working. Still coming today?

Installer: Yes, 4:30.

So he did hear me. 4:30 comes. Nothing.

Hours pass. Still nothing.

I call BOTH phone numbers he left me. No answer. He never showed up or contacted me since.

The entirety of how this situation was handled has left me livid. I regret giving this company a second chance after cancelling my cell phone service many years ago for similar frustrations. I now have to deal with the remote and equipment myself, and honestly wouldn't be surprised if I get double billed for the Digital TV/Internet services I no longer have.

Re: My Experience with Rogers Ignite TV Install

Hello @Remix!

Welcome to our Community!

I'm not going to mince words, that doesn't sound like a great experience. I would be remiss if I didn't handle your concerns with the utmost seriousness and I do sincerely apologize for this experience.

I would like to escalate this to the highest possible level without delay. I don't want you to be left dealing with this yourself. I know you have regrets right now but we can make this right. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can begin the escalation process with you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Remix I hope that @RogersCorey can make this right.  The bottom line is that no one is authorized to make any changes to your account without your authorization.  If this does not turn out to your satisfaction, consider a complaint to the CCTS.  Submit a complaint if necessary and let the CCTS or CRTC hash it out with Rogers.  Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else.  Personal opinion, if some tech called me out of the blue and indicated that he or she was on the way to install the Ignite TV or any other service that I hadn't requested, my first reaction would be to say "take a hike".  He or she wouldn't get past the front door.  

The account changes are more problematic as once your previous account was changed, its very possible that you can't get back to the previous plans as the customer service agents are locked out of those plans.  If you're put in a situation where your costs have increased thru the unauthorized account changes, this is where the CCTS complaint comes into play.  As I indicated above, let the CCTS or CRTC argue with Rogers. 

At the very least, Rogers should guarantee in writing that your new costs don't exceed the previous plan costs and that those plan costs should remain in place for the next two to three years, possibly longer depending on your previous plan costs and yearly price rises.  For you, considering the unauthorized changes, this should be cost neutral to you.  Personal opinion, considering the situation, Rogers should absorb the cost differentials.  

Here's the link to the CCTS complaint portal:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, I'll keep your suggestion in mind.

Someone else responded to my PM, and another installer is currently scheduled.

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersCorey 

The new installer came by and paired a new remote. He didn't take the old equipment either, as he said he was only told about the remote. So after waiting another 2 days for this second appointment, I still have to go to a store and finish the process myself anyway.

I've Been Here Awhile

Sure enough, I was double billed. The new Wi-Fi doesn't even work properly.

I'm done. All of this nonsense will be reported to the CCTS.