Multiple TVs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersCorey

Re: Multiple TVs?

Greetings @-G-!

I would definitely suggest touching base with us so that we can look into this and see what can be done. 

If @srooks would kindly PM us @CommunityHelps, we'll do our best to get them what they are asking for. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Nnhgb
I've Been Around

We are considering moving to ignite tv. We have two TVs with a pvr on each tv.  I am getting the impression that with ignite and the recordings being in the cloud that all recordings and schedules could be viewed on both TVs.  Is this correct?

my concern is my 80 year old mother seeing my recordings on her tv, not knowing why they are there, and deleting them.

Biollw
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes they are available to both tv but there is a setting on the xi6 to say only show records from the device. The the tv will not see schedule and recordings from other xi6.

Str8kila
I've Been Around

Am I able to just buy a box from say kijji and use it right away as a second box ? As long as I have the wifi ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Str8kila : No, you cannot purchase IgniteTV boxes at all.  If there are any available, they would be stolen and useless.  You need to rent them from Rogers (prices can often be negotiated), or you can stream to a device like a computer, tablet or phone which can then "cast" to a TV if desired or via HDMI from a computer/browser.  Be aware that not all the items available on a box are available for streaming.

Joannene
I've Been Around

I ordered a second box for another tv but it never arrived. I got the main one though. Niw I can’t watch tv on my other TVs . I waited 20 minutes fir a live agent on internet (Anna wasn’t any help). And then tried by phone. Waited over 30 minutes on phone but no one was available. What happened to 24/7 help? People are suggesting I switch to Fibe since our building is now wired fir it. And my daughter says to cancel all Rogers and get a My Box from Amazon. . She could be right.

RogersZia

Hello @Joannene,

Welcome to the Community!

How long ago did you order the second box? Have you received any communication about it?

To avoid long wait times I would recommend you to reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers. We're ready to help 24/7.

If you'd like for us to review the status of the second box, we can do so for you. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance. For instructions on how to contact us via private message please click here.

RogersZia

warped77
I Plan to Stick Around

I was looking for something and happened to come upon this thread. I know it's an old thread, because the boxes have now gone up to $10.00 a month plus tax! It never ends. Up, up, and up.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@warped77 wrote:

I was looking for something and happened to come upon this thread. I know it's an old thread, because the boxes have now gone up to $10.00 a month plus tax! It never ends. Up, up, and up.

Wow, that's crazy expensive.  It's the same box that SmartStream customers can rent for $5/month.  Rogers also charges a $120 non-return fee if you do not return your Ignite STB, and even that is an inflated price.  Even $8/month for that box is too much for what you get.

The only way that this move might make sense would be if they made the remaining Digital TV customers a limited time offer where they could get additional STBs for $5/month, to make them feel like they are getting a REALLY good deal.  After that, they can drop the regular rental fee back down to $8/month... or better yet,  $5/month, for everybody, where it really should be.

toolcubed
I'm a Senior Contributor

Wow. So first the local US channels were removed from all Ignite tv packages (and require a $3 theme pack), and now tv box rental fees have increased to $10? Ugh! I’m not liking the direction Rogers is heading in…