Multiple TVs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Multiple TVs?

Has Roger ever provided additional boxes as a promotion? Considering most households have multiple TVs, this may draw in more clients for them. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think it would be nice if they even dropped the rental fee back down to $5/month/box again.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am switching this week, and while I have 3 tv's, they limit each household to 2 set top boxes in total...at least, that's what was stated when I signed up). I would have rented a 3rd box if I was given the option.

Luckily, our 3rd TV in our bedroom isn't used extensively, so it isn't an issue. I'll just use it for streaming from non-Rogers sources via Chromecast. 

I'm surprised Rogers is choosing to limit their revenue stream in this way. You would think they would want more devices to be active in a home, not less.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@DaveC wrote:

I am switching this week, and while I have 3 tv's, they limit each household to 2 set top boxes in total...

This is a temporary limit during the COVID-19 self installation phase.  Existing Ignite customers can have up to 8 boxes in a home and sometimes as many as 10.  If you have your two up and working well, perhaps you can call them to ask for an additional box, or simply wait until the self-install COVID-19 phase is over if it's not bothering you too much.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had no idea why the restriction was in place, as the order page does not explain it. Thank you for the update.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for. I currently have 5 ignite boxes and want another one however tech support for rogers ignite told me 5 was the max I could use. Would you know if that is correct and if so why?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Biwl : Please read post 14 of this thread.  5 is not the limit, they just won't add any more while COVID-19 is still ongoing.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was about to upgrade to Ignite TV when I learned that the number of TVs that can be connected is limited to 3, as Rogers will only allow you to have 3 boxes (probably given supply limits) per household.  I have 6 TVs - 3 with digital cable boxes and 3 with the Cisco digital converters - and I really do not want to lose the use of 3 TVs.  Does anyone have a sense of when Rogers will lift that limit and whether there is any technical reason for the limit versus a supply issue?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Looks like your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic.  Please see the following earlier post/link:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Multiple-TVs/m-p/465365#M7758

The limit was/is due to COVID-19 and the fact that Rogers was/is only allowing self-installs. Once you have a couple of boxes working properly, I believe you can then order more for the rest of your TVs.  Probably no one is sure when this will be "lifted", but it's not a supply issue.  You may need to contact Rogers to get the latest clarification on this and it may depend on your location. For example, Toronto may be different from say a small town with no COVID-19 cases.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@srooks wrote:

I was about to upgrade to Ignite TV when I learned that the number of TVs that can be connected is limited to 3, as Rogers will only allow you to have 3 boxes (probably given supply limits) per household.  I have 6 TVs - 3 with digital cable boxes and 3 with the Cisco digital converters - and I really do not want to lose the use of 3 TVs.  Does anyone have a sense of when Rogers will lift that limit and whether there is any technical reason for the limit versus a supply issue?

I don't recall seeing any official posts from Rogers explaining why the number of Ignite set-top boxes are being restricted.  Clearly there are some inventory shortages but I don't know if this is purely due to COVID or if Rogers is also reserving set-top boxes for Digital TV subscribers who are migrating to Ignite TV.  A Digital TV customer recently reported that they received an upgrade offer that included 6 set-top boxes.

Your best bet is to contact Rogers to see what they can do for you.  I can't see how they could expect their customers to migrate to Ignite TV if they cannot provide replacements for all the Digital set-top boxes that their customers currently have.  @CommunityHelps , do you have any suggestions?