Multiple TVs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Multiple TVs?

Can Ignite cable work with multiple TVs in the house? Or only the TV the box is hooked up to?

***Added Labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Multiple TVs?

Ignite can work with multiple TVs, however, you would require one box for each TV just like with digital cable.  The installer would take care of the appropriate setup, but make sure everything is working before he leaves.  Each box communicates via WiFi with the main "modem".

With only one box, it may be possible to utilize an HDMI splitter to send the signal via HDMI to each TV, but then all the TVs would see the same thing and it might cost you a lot for splitter and very long HDMI connections.  Best to get a box for each TV.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is uses wifi, is one potential advantage over the regular digital cable.

Yes, requires you to have the wifi set up properly, that it will reach all the areas you need in the house.

But it can be much easier to do that, say compared to running cable lines through the house, especially to rooms where there is no cable run already.

I've Been Around

I have Ignite TV service (and 1 Gig. Internet service) connected to my main TV in the living room can I wirelessly stream shows to a second TV in the master bedroom (and be able to change channels) or do I have to purchase a second Ignite TV box to do this? Thx.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Each TV requires an Xi6 TV media box for streaming as supplied by Rogers. first one is free with your service second and subsequent ones are rented I believe for $5.00/month.

Clarification: the Xi6 boxes can either be wireless or be wired CAT5.  The choice is yours.

Bill

Highlighted

Hello, @Biollw

I appreciate your continued participation and sharing of your expertise in the Community. I just wanted to state the box rental fee; currently, additional Ignite TB box rentals are $8 each per month.

Thank you!

RogersMoin

Highlighted

I did not realize that there was a price increase for the rental boxes from $5.00 to $8.00.

Bill

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May depend on the exact plan your on?

I am on one of the ORIGINAL plans, and my two additional ones are being charged at $5 each.
But I also have the original Eero pods, for free, etc.
But my plan is a little more $$ than the current equiv of the same plan.

Breaks about even if I changed over and had to pay for the extra stuff.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can i take my ignite tv box and plug it to another tv in my home
Highlighted

Yes you can move it around the house and connect it to other TVs. Just ensure the Wifi is reaching the other locations.

Just keep in mind that other TVs may not be able to do the same resolution so you may need to set it to the lowest resolution TV.

IE: If main TV is 4k and Bedroom is 1080 only then make sure the Xi6 is set to either auto or 1080.