cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Games on Super Sports pack

phil57
I plan to stick around

I recently subbed to supersports pack. Find alot of my teams games are not even on . Out of 5 games have missed 2. I also sub to tsn and sportsnet. Like todays game not on anyplace. What is the point of subscribing to MLB extra innings if you don't get your game. Pathetic. I will cancel this as soon as i can.

**Labels Added**

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Missing Games on Super Sports pack

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Last night's game on Bally Sports Atlanta (Southeast) went into extra innings and started to have the same annoying black screen problems again. I just switched to the Rogers alternate Standard Def feed of that game from the other affiliate station to avoid the interruptions.
Also, the Bally Sports Midwest feed showing the St. Louis game started to show black screens late into the game and during the post game show until it finally cleared up.
The Bally Sports feeds that Rogers broadcasts can never be trusted no matter how often they fix them. This is just one reason why this theme pack will always be in my Hall of Shame.

mebe
Correction: I meant to say the Bally Sports Texas (Southwest) feed was the one that started having the same Black screen problem that was originally fixed, but then reappeared later on in the night.

mebe
So the Bally Sports Atlanta feed stayed clean after it was fixed. And the Bally Sports Midwest feed (St. Louis) as mentioned above developed the black screen problem late in the game, so I just waited probably more than 30 minutes until it was fixed.

mebe
Another upcoming missing game from the Super Sportspack that was re-scheduled for Mon August 9 at 6pm between the Cin. Reds and Cleve Indians is not scheduled to be aired by TSN or Rogers Sportsnet, so it should be added to the Sportspack. However, since rescheduled games that are Not part of a doubleheader that air shortly before or after an already scheduled game listed as part of the sportspack, always seem to get ignored, we have to find another source to watch them.
It would be great if Rogers paid attention to the schedule changes and then added these reschedued games when possible, but if that Aug 9th game actually gets added by Rogers or TSN, I'll fall out if my chair and probably break my hip.

mebe
Attention Rogers Command Base (location Classified): Ch 437-SF vs Milwaukee on Bally Sports Wisconsin is having digital breakup and black screen issues like it did last night. This Bally Sports channel is a frequent failure and I hope you can fix it so that I don't have to ask for help every week.

mebe
Okay, good. Bally Sports Wisconsin feed seems to be fine now. It's only the top of the 5th inning, so there's still time for it to go back into failure mode. Thanks for the quick tune-up.

mebe
Attention Rogers Command Base... Just like last night (I didn't mention it since it was on a SD channel I didn't need) Bally Sports Southeast (Atlanta) ch 436 (Wash vs Atlanta) is currently having the same black screen and digital breakup issue that needs to be fixed.

mebe
Okay, it's currently 2:49pm and ch 436 seems to be fine now. If Rogers fixed it that quickly, that is super quick. I'll keep flipping back to that channel periodically throughout the game to see if the problem reoccurs. This thread is a gift that keeps on giving 💟

mebe
Attention Rogers Command Base... New problem ... Bally Sports Wisconsin (Milwaukee) on ch 438 (SF vs Milw) has just begun to have the same black screen and digital breakup problem, but it's a bit less obvious at times. It's time to give this frequent failure of a channel a kickstart.

mebe
Okay, it's currently 3:35pm and it appears that ch 438 (Bally Sports Wisconsin) has been fixed. Perhaps Rogers didn't notice my last post as quickly as before, but at least the black screens and dig breakup have finally stopped. Fingers crossed that this fix works for the rest of the game, just like it did yesterday. Cheers.

mebe
No problems tonight (other than the rescheduled missing Reds vs Cleve game I mentioned before), but last night I noticed that the Bally Sports Southwest (Texas) feed also started to have brief moments of black screens about 20 minutes after it had the no sound, but perfect picture issue, (that I can get the audio back just by pausing the live feed for a few seconds and then resuming play).
Also, last night's Bally Sports Midwest (St. Louis Cardinals) feed started to get the black screens and digital breakup issue late into the game (at least as of the 8th inning or earlier), but then there was a 2 hour rain delay, so luckily the game stopped and then Rogers switched it to the alternate visitor feed from Bally Sports Kansas City which was perfect all the way until the end of the resumed game (ended quickly in the 9th inning) and still remained perfect during the post game show. Thus, I now assume that Rogers is aware of the frequent failures of at least four Bally Sports affiliates (Southwest, Southeast, Midwest and Wisconsin), and when necessary should switch over to an alternate properly working feed whenever possible.
Since Bally Sports often behaves like an enemy, rather than an ally, a name change to Benemy Sports might better suit them.

mebe
Bravo to Rogers for being more attentive and diligent in its efforts to activate the baseball games before the start time. There now seems to be a more human presence watching over the previous solely left-on-autopilot computer, that frequently failed to activate many of the games before even the first pitch.
Need proof? Look no further than today's rescheduled bad weather-issue-postponed game number 1 of the Milwaukee vs Chicago game doubleheader with a scheduled first pitch of 2:20pm. Rogers has already (before or by 1pm) activated channel 438 which only lists the 8pm game (2nd game of the now 7-inning Doubleheader), between Milw and the Cubs. And since the home team is the Cubs, Rogers is using the Cubs Marquee channel feed which is always perfect (unlike the inferior Milw feed from Bally Sports Wisconsin).
In the past, the Rogers left-on-auto-pilot computer would most likely have not activated the game signal until about 7pm or 7:30pm for the previously scheduled 8pm game (which is now game 2 of the double header).
Home run walk-off win for Rogers!

mebe
Interesting situation occurred with tonight's 7pm Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston game (ch. 434). Normally, the Rogers computer chooses the home team broadcast, in this case, Boston's NESN, but instead of turning the NESN signal on early (at least by 6:50pm generally at the latest), a real human being most likely kept that channel black with no sound until it was known which broadcaster (home or visitor) TSN (which eventually added that game to its schedule, but After it was already part of the Sportspack) would use at 7pm. Once it was known that TSN was using the visitor Bally Sports Sun feed, Rogers activated the signal and that pure Bally feed with US commercials, etc.,(not simsubbed with TSN, since Bell owns it, thus no TSN logo or Bell commercials are shown) was made available to Sportspack viewers. I assume that if Rogers had instead aired the NESN home feed, TSN might have complained to the CRTC that Rogers did not show the same broadcast that they had the rights to, or perhaps Rogers just wanted to match TSN, so that viewers wouldn't be tempted to watch a different announcer team.
Had Rogers Sportsnet been the broadcaster that decided as late as even today, to air the Tampa vs Boston game, Rogers would have just simsubbed the Rogers Sportsnet signal (on ch 434) so that viewers would see no difference between what was on Rogers Sportsnet and what was on the Sportspack feed (same Canadian commercials, logo, and the Rogers sports ticker at bottom of the screen for parts of the game if they decided to add it).
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mebe
Attention Rogers Command base... Ch 440 (Bally Sports North game between Chicago White Sox and Minnesota Twins game) has been having the black screen, digital breakup and loss of signal problems, plus often going back and forth from the Rogers barker schedule page and then back to the game. So now we have a new failure of a Bally Sports Channel to add to the Benemy list. You should probably switch to the visitor feed if possible before the game soon ends.

mebe
The channel 440 game has just ended, but the problems were not fixed.
This thread has finally failed me.
I can also see that the Bally Sports Southwest (Texas vs Seattle game) is also beginning to have digital breakup issues, and it has no sound at all unless I pause my PVR for a few seconds and then resume play.
I know that there's also a better working SD feed on 443 using the home Roots Seattle feed, but I hate Standard Definition.
Unfortunately, even with all of the improvements that were recently made to the Sportspack, I still wouldn't be able to recommend this package to anybody but a die-hard fan with no other options.

mebe
Yesterday's black screen with no audio for the Tampa Bay Vs Boston game had nothing to do with what TSN was doing, but rather another signal problem with Bally Sports Sun (Tampa Bay). The same problem is happening now on ch. 437 (Tampa Bay vs Boston), except this time at least there's sound, so I know it's the visitor Tampa Bay feed. I don't know why Rogers isn't using the typical home feed (NESN in this case), but now you can add Bally Sports Sun to the Benemy list of frequent failure channels. The game doesn't start until a bit after 7pm, but all of these frequent channel failures are shameful.
Plus, tonight's 8pm game on ch 445 between Milw and Chic Cubs is using the Bally Sports Wisconsin feed that I already noticed was having the black screen issue 15 minutes ago, but at least for now it seems fine again (probably until the game starts and then the black screens will come back). I just wish Rogers would get its act together and get these unreliable Bally feeds fixed once and for all.
Strike out!!

mebe
For those of you keeping score, the Tampa Bay vs Boston game on ch 437 is currently in the top of the second inning and it still has only sound but no picture (black screen). Rogers could switch it to the NESN feed if they can't fix the Bally feed, but since all the human beings have left the building, the auto-pilot Rogers computer is left alone to run this service. Ugly stuff.

mebe
I called tech support and as of 9:02pm they fixed ch 437 so the Tampa game finally has picture and sound. It's the bottom of the 5th inning so I consider this a missed game.
I still don't know if the Bally Sports failures are just for digital legacy subscribers or not. It could be that since this is an Ignite thread, nobody else confirms the problems.
Anyway, I suppose I'll have to complain almost every day to get them to fix the problems since nobody at Rogers seems to have time to monitor these channels unless their forced to.
Back to the games I go.

mebe
I have been calling Rogers for several days now, to let them know about the games that haven't been activated (or are having picture and audio problems-always the same Bally Sports Channels I previously mentioned),but it can often take more than an hour from when I start my call, wait on hold, and then wait until the game(s) are finally activated by Rogers. They are forcing me to do their job because they rely on the computer to do something it just can't do properly.
However, since this is an Ignite thread, and since I have the Digital Legacy service, I'm going to try and start a Super Sports Pak thread in the TV section of these forums.

Greetings @mebe!

I am sorry to hear that you are having ongoing issues with missing games on the Bally Sports Channels. I can definitely look into the history of this issue and investigate further on your behalf.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

mebe
Private messaging requires waiting for somebody to actual read the pm, and then instead of passing on the problem to those who can fix it, I instead eventually get an email to first ask to verify my account etc. Far worse than calling the Rogers tech service and then just doing everything at the same time once my call is answered.
Topic Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation