cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Games on Super Sports pack

phil57
I plan to stick around

I recently subbed to supersports pack. Find alot of my teams games are not even on . Out of 5 games have missed 2. I also sub to tsn and sportsnet. Like todays game not on anyplace. What is the point of subscribing to MLB extra innings if you don't get your game. Pathetic. I will cancel this as soon as i can.

**Labels Added**

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Missing Games on Super Sports pack

RogersZia

Hello @phil57,

Thank you for your feedback. We certainly appreciate your concern. The airing and availability of the games can vary depending on broadcasting rights. RSNs (regional sports networks) or area broadcasters can have rights on a game instead of a national cable or satellite provider.

You can check out the Super Sports Pak Schedule by following the hyperlink.

RogersZia

phil57
I plan to stick around

This schedule only confirms what i already know. The team i follow was not on. Really a waste of $35.00 to just catch some of them.

phil57
I plan to stick around

Very dissapointed in this service.Yesterday put my game on 432 where game was, was early a bit and wasn't on yet.After45 minutes and not on i called . What a waste of time,wanted to troubleshoot this and that which i wasn't about to do or i would have put the whole thing through the wall. Samre thing last year games being put on 15 -25 late. Not good value for money. Bye the way after 90 minutes the game came on.Really nice. This is gone as soon as i can. I think whoever is in charge of putting games on should wake up.

User5323
I've been here awhile

I recently subbed to supersports pack. Find alot of my teams games are not even on . Out of 5 games have missed 2.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
super sports pack is basically just a combination of centre ice, leage pass, extra innings, ohl, etc all in one package.

I hope you know whats aired on those specific packages has nothing to do with rogers, Rogers has no control over the teams. Its up to the league themself to choose which games as those channels are aired in other parts of north america for other providers mind you blackout restrictions also apply too

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I just got the super sportspak today, but calling it "super" reminds me of how dumb it is to call politicians the "honourable" so and so.
When I called Rogers tech support about black screen and audio only (on legacy digital ch 434) for today's Chisox vs Detroit Tigers baseball game, they suggested a service call, but when the channel's picture and sound was working later on (after 3pm when I checked, but it prob came back earlier), I called back to cancel the service call.
I also asked them why some of the games are only in Standard Def, but they said they should all be in HD, even though the channels are listed as SD channels in the guide. So a ticket was opened to investigate why the Texas vs Seattle game (on ch 442) was only in St. Def. I also looked through all the channels and found that same game on ch. 449, but it was also in SD.
I'm in Toronto, so I assume Rogers legacy should still have enough bandwidth to have all the games in HD.
Finally, tomorrow's (July 5 2021) Boston vs LA Angels 9:30 game is NOT listed in the guide, or on the sportspak website, even though the Bally Sports West announcer said the game will be on there. I hope it's just an error that Rogers will fix, because I don't see that game listed on any of the TSN or Rogers Sportsnet channels.
It's only been 1 day of 4 months to come, but I assume that the worst is yet to come.
Yikes!

mebe
Semi-Good news. Tonight's Boston vs Angels 9:40 game is listed on TSN3 at around 10pm following the previous Chisox vs Twins game. Better late than never.

mebe
The bad news is that I'll probably need to switch from digital legacy service to Ignite service if I want to see all the MLB extra innings games in HD.
The next batch of Angels vs Mariners games are only listed on SDef channels (even if an HD channel like 440 is left unused for the whole day, but was used recently for a previous Angels Bally Sports West game). Perhaps Rogers will always put the Seattle Mariners Root Sports feeds on a SDef channel due to an agreement with them, or there just isn't enough legacy bandwidth available for days with many games being shown at the same time.

mebe
Today's 2pm game between Cincinnati and Kansas City was just showing the mlb schedule screen until they finally joined the game in progress in the 2nd inning.
Plus, two other games were going black with audio then jumping to the mlb schedule screen for a few seconds, then back to the games, then digital breakup then back to mlb extra innings schedule screen until it finally settled down for awhile. All of this was happening before and while a Rogers tech guy currentlybin my home was verifying that my service signal and mlb channels were all in the green and great (etc.).
To add insult to injury, the Mets game that was rained out yesterday and was rescheduled for 2pm today, is Not on any channel (unless perhaps WPIX picked it up, which I don't have). At least game 2 of today's Mets double header is listed as part of the Rogers sportspak at 7pm (fingers crossed that Rogers starts it on time).
Yikes! Today's 4pk Boston vs Angels game still isn't on! It just shows the mlb schedule screen.
Not a fan of this service.

mebe
Awful service! The Boston vs Angels game didn't come on until 4:15pm ... just in time for the BOTTOM of the 1rst inning to begin. So Rogers "only" missed the first half of the first inning. I guess once Rogers locks you in for 4 months, they don't care about monitoring the service more closely to avoid most of these late starts.
Let's go Angels!

mebe

Good news! Even though Rogers is still often messing various things up, they seem to be paying more attention to my complaints to tech service and higher up.
For example, although Ignite viewers prob get all of the baseball games in HD, the digital legacy viewers have up to 4 games in SD, even if 1 or 2 of the HD slots (ch. 431-440) go unused all day. But today, even though the Rogers sportspack extra innings schedule only lists games up to ch. 444, you'll now notice that the Rogers ipg guide has HD versions of the SD games, and they might even be a different feed (Home or away broadcast) than that of the SD feeds.
One of the upcoming La Angels games still only appears to have an SD version listed on Rogers ipg guide, but perhaps if I call Rogers soon to complain (if it's not fixed on its own), they'll add the listing or just air an HD version without the ipg guide actually listing it ( like they do for duplicate SD feeds on 449 (SD) .
Finally something to really cheer about.
Go Angels,go!

mebe
If I wasn't clear enough, Rogers is actually now using HD channels beyond ch.444 (SD) for its baseball feeds that are normally used for hockey or perhaps basketball, such as digital legacy HD channels 445 or 446 (etc.).

mebe
Oh, it's not an Angels game in HD that Rogers missed, but rather the Sunday July 25 game at 1 pm on ch. 444 only in SD (digital legacy). There's no HD alternate broadcast for that game listed in the ipg guide and that game also isn't scheduled on TSN or Rogers Sportsnet channels, so I assume Rogers needs to fix that error. Even so, I think it's pretty amazing that Rogers finally grew a brain and added more HD channels to the baseball group of channels.

mebe
I think I fFlorgot to mention that the July 25 1pm game not in HD is a Yankees vs Red Sox game.

mebe
I called tech support and today Rogers told me that they have now added an HD version of that Yankees vs Red Sox game, so even though it might not be listed in the ipg guide, it will be available to watch on one of the blank HD channels on Sunday July 25.

phil57
I plan to stick around

Terrible service. Games started at times 15-20 min late, sometimes longer , has happened many times. If games are scheduled and rained out and rescheduled for next day for doubleheader forget it,you never get both of them that day .

mebe
Yes, the fact that many games are still joined in progress (average seems to be about 15 minutes late), after countless complaints by many, makes this service far more frustrating than it should be.
Rogers obviously doesn't monitor the start times and instead allows their lame computer to work on autopilot without being checked by human eyes. I assume subscribers call in to complain and then usually within 20 minutes, the games get joined in progress often during the first or 2nd inning.
They also still have issues with some of the Bally Sports broadcasts breaking up with black screens and other problems (Bally Sports Wisconsin often has problems during their broadcasts that Rogers can't seem to stop from happening.

mebe
And as for rescheduled games, many of them are indeed missed. However, sometimes Rogers gets lucky with next-day doubleheaders if the rained-out game starts close to the regularly scheduled start time of the next-day game. That way, just by dumb luck, the Rogers computer turns the signal on in time to see both games of a rained-out doubleheader, and then surprisingly is then reprogrammed by real human beings to stay activated until the end of the second game.
It appears it's up to the actual subscribers to call tech support to inform them of schedule changes, or else risk not seeing the games at all, or missing at least 15 minutes or more of them.
It's like a rainout on your wedding day. Isn't that idiotic?

mebe
I just noticed another upcoming missing game, which is a rescheduled rainout from May 30 between Atlanta and NY Mets rescheduled for Monday July 26 at 5pm. It is currently only listed to be aired on the MLB Network, which I do have, but I don't want to see their score ticker at the bottom of the screen (so they either cut off part of the bottom of the broadcast, or push the picture upwards a bit and cut off a bit from the top).
ESPN and TSN3 is showing the 2nd game of the DH (starts around 8pm as long as first game of DH doesn't run long or get delayed), but both Sportsnet and TSN currently don't have the first game listed, so I'm going to call Rogers and have them add the missing game 1 to the Sportspack (even though it still won't appear on the ipg guide, it might appear on the Sportspack schedule channel pages (the ones that also play the audio of the fan 590 radio station in the background before the games begin) on Monday. Regardless, just check the unused Sportspack channels for the missing rescheduled game, otherwise I'll have to call Rogers again.
Play ball!

mebe
Unfortunately, that Braves vs Mets game at 5 pm today is still only being shown on the MLB Network, so my call to Rogers a few days ago was obviously ignored or passed on to the wrong dept. So far, I've only been able to get one missing game added to the Sportspack schedule a few weeks ago.
So for the most part, calling Rogers to get a game added that it missed, is a waste of my time.
They completely missed another upcoming game on Saturday July 31 at 7pm between the Minnesota Twins and the St. Louis Cardinals (it's a FS1 game, but Rogers showed last Saturday's FS1 game, so I know it's not a rights issue). I called today to warn them, but the tech person didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about and couldn't even tell me what my 3 tickets I got texted about today were concerning (she put me on hold for about 3 minutes while she probably had to feed her barking dog). She claimed they were closed, so I still don't know which one was supposedly fixed, and which two they incorrectly found no issue with.
They also still miss about 2 games a week that only have SD versions available, even though though they were supposed to have fully fixed this legacy digital HD bandwidth issue last week.
Final Rogers Super Sportspack Grade: F for Frustration!
Topic Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation