cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Crave (HBO Max) show on Ignite

hirvonenjeff
I've Been Here Awhile

A new show (Santa Inc) is advertised on the Crave app, and I can watch all eps on the Crave app... But only episode 4 is available on Ignite. It shows that it will be available for recording later in the week. But what's the point of paying for Crave when I can't access the content through Rogers Ignite. I'm left to watch it on my phone.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Missing Crave (HBO Max) show on Ignite

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hirvonenjeff wrote:
A new show (Santa Inc) is advertised on the Crave app, and I can watch all eps on the Crave app... But only episode 4 is available on Ignite. It shows that it will be available for recording later in the week. But what's the point of paying for Crave when I can't access the content through Rogers Ignite. I'm left to watch it on my phone.

I don't know why episode 4 is available now but not any others.  However, this sort of thing has happened before and it's usually just a matter of time before the content is available On Demand on Ignite TV.  Usually, we have to wait for the program or movie to air on a Crave channel.  According to the Guide, S1 Ep1 of Santa Inc. will air as a NEW episode on Dec. 8 at 9 PM, so it should be available On Demand around that date as well.

(Strange as it may sound, I had a similar experience when I was a Fibe TV customer.  New content was available through the streaming service but you had to wait to be able to view it on-demand on the set-top box with the Fibe TV service.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hirvonenjeff wrote:

A new show (Santa Inc) is advertised on the Crave app...

I'm not sure how searching works with Ignite, because I'm still on Legacy Digital Cable, however, Santa Inc is available under the Crave OD channel (309) under "Just Added TV" - Episodes 1-8.  However, as is often the case it is not found under "S", but rather near the bottom of the list of programming, as new programming often is.  I'm not sure why Rogers cannot enter these items alphabetically, however, I've learned to look down to the bottom for anything new, and sometimes even programming that's been around for a long time.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

@hirvonenjeff wrote:

A new show (Santa Inc) is advertised on the Crave app...

I'm not sure how searching works with Ignite, because I'm still on Legacy Digital Cable, however, Santa Inc is available under the Crave OD channel (309) under "Just Added TV" - Episodes 1-8.  However, as is often the case it is not found under "S", but rather near the bottom of the list of programming, as new programming often is.  I'm not sure why Rogers cannot enter these items alphabetically, however, I've learned to look down to the bottom for anything new, and sometimes even programming that's been around for a long time.

Ignite works a bit differently than Digital TV.  I can issue the "Santa Inc". voice command, and the program's home page lists all 8 upcoming episodes that will be broadcast, but the only one that is currently available to view is episode 4.

You can also navigate to a program or movie in the Guide and if it that content is available for viewing anywhere, on any service, it will show up in Watch Options.  Upcoming programs will also have a "Watch Now" option if they are available on-demand but that is currently only available for episode 4, not episodes 1-3.

If all episodes of Santa Inc. are available on-demand on Digital TV, then I presume that they will be available fairly soon on Ignite TV as well.

hirvonenjeff
I've Been Here Awhile

That's what I find as well (currently only available for episode 4, not episodes 1-3). I've seen this for other shows too. It's just frustrating that I have to go to the app (where I can find it) and cast it to my TV. I guess there is nothing I can do about it. 

Thanks for the reply

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation