Manually Set Recording Times Beyond the Presets for Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Manually Set Recording Times Beyond the Presets for Ignite TV

We have had ignite for a couple of months now (and yes, the wireless range sucks big time - but that's a different topic). My present issue is how to extend the recording time by an hour or two or three as I see fit. NHL playoffs are starting soon, which means OT games extending beyond the scheduled time slot. Is there any way to capture the extended time in the same recording, or am I left to record the scheduled game and then tack on individual recordings of the next 3 or more hours and however many shows that may be?

On the pvr, we could set start and stop times as we fit. Is this feature not available on ignite?

**Labels Added**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Manually Set Recording Times Beyond the Presets for Ignite TV

@CaseyLondon wrote:

On the pvr, we could set start and stop times as we fit. Is this feature not available on ignite?

You must be talking about the 15 year old 8300HD PVRs using SARA firmware.  Navigatr firmware on the NB2/3 and the firmware that runs Ignite should have preset options to start something like 5, 15, 30, 60, 180 minutes early or end similar numbers late.  You can usually set defaults under Rogers - settings, or as you set the recording itself.

Hey @CaseyLondon

Totally appreciate wanting to ensure you're not missing out on any of the program, with our Ignite TV service it's designed so that the recording starts and ends with the program as opposed to a set time :). Regarding your WiFi range that's certainly resolvable with our Whole Home WiFi option. I definitely recommend reaching out to support for assistance with that. We'll definitely want to ensure that Ignite TV is performing as intended and meeting your needs :).

@RogersAndy

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Andy. Having the software extend automatically until the program ends should take care of the NHL / Blue Jays OT issue.

That said, it doesn't help in the slightest for the OHL playoffs - which don't even show up in the Guide listings. Having to search independently for game start times is okay, but having to record a series of half hour shows to cover the overall game time is silly.

The max each 30 / 60 /90 minute show can be extended is 30 minutes on our Ignite set up (the extend options for 1/2 hour, 1 hour and 1.5 hour shows seems to be 3 / 5 /30 minutes). It's only when the show hits 2 hours do the record extending options go 30 / 60 / 90 minutes.

The solution seems to be to either have the Guide show what's actually playing, to allow users to access all extend time options regardless of show lengths, or to allow users to choose their own start and stop time.

For the time being, Ignite, for whatever the perceived upsides, given the serious WiFi range issues and the recording quirks, still falls under the "proceed with caution" banner