cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of Stingray music channels are missing on Ignite TV

rookie8155
I plan to stick around

I just noticed couple of days that Rogers has removed almost half of the music channels in Ignite TV. All channels are still available in Digital TV but they removed lots of channels in Ignite TV. I am not sure why?

**Labels Added**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lots of Stingray music channels are missing on Ignite TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rookie8155 wrote:

I just noticed couple of days that Rogers has removed almost half of the music channels in Ignite TV. All channels are still available in Digital TV but they removed lots of channels in Ignite TV. I am not sure why?

Rogers made changes to the Stingray Music channel lineup back in October, 2020.  They added some new channels and removed several others.

rookie8155
I plan to stick around

Roger's Digital TV list still has all these channels. Looks like they removed these channels only in Ignite side. Luckily, I have added my channels in Sonos app and they still work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you seeing something different from the October notice?  

https://www.rogers.com/cms/rogers/page-specific/support/assets/tv/PDF/stingray_changes_EN_FR.pdf

I use the Stingray app on my iPad to stream music instead of using a STB.  This allows for more flexibility regarding channels, artists, likes, dislikes, etc.

rookie8155
I plan to stick around

Digital TV list is very different from Ignite TV list even in October 2020 revised list. I still have 4 East Indian channels from Digital TV days in my Sonos app which are still working on Sonos speakers but these channels are gone from Ignite TV list. If I have re sync Stingray channels in Sonos, I will lose those channels.

Ignite Stingray channel 408  -  Hindi Gold still exists

The other missing channels are showing in red in digital TV side. Which probably means they are gone.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rookie8155 wrote:

Roger's Digital TV list still has all these channels. Looks like they removed these channels only in Ignite side. 

Are you saying you are seeing something different from the link I provided on Digital TV and/or IgniteTV?  If so, please advise.  I'm not sure how the Sonos works, but as you say, when it "reboots" you may only see the channels that you're supposed to on whatever TV package you're on.

As stated earlier, if you use the Stingray app on a device like phone, tablet or the Stingray website on a computer, you will have access to all of the Stingray channels, along with artist/track flexibility, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingray_Music

rookie8155
I plan to stick around

It is matching with the list you shared. 

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation