cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV Resumes After Watching a Recording

RyanC42
I've been here awhile

Hello,

We've recently switched to IgniteTV and are still getting used to it after several years with Fibe.  Things have gone well so far, no major technical issues or anything and we like some of the features that Ignite offers compared to Fibe but we have noticed one thing that has been kind of annoying.  After watching and deleting a recorded show from the PVR, it goes back to the list of recordings, but it also resumes playing live TV in the background on the last channel that was being watched.  Is there a setting or way to disable this from happening?  We've had a few spoilers because of this when it went live with the end of a competition show in the background and we see/hear who won or who was eliminated.

Thanks! 

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Live TV Resumes After Watching a Recording

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The older digital system, used to have a default channel for turn on.  But was not anything on recording playback.

While it may be an option which is added in the future.. 
For now, I would suggest to just make sure that you are on a channel you DONT want to see anything from, before going to live TV.

My wife does this on a regular basis.  Unless she is watching live TV, she usually leaves it on the weather network channel.  For this exact reason.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

What would you like it to do when you delete the program?  It just goes back to live TV on the previously viewed channel. Sometimes it will ask you if you wish to watch the next episode if applicable but still goes back to live tv.

Not sure what you would be looking for.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent had Fibe, so cant really say for sure.
Sounds like when you go to the recordings, it completely separates from the live TV.. plays recordings, etc.. then when done, goes back to the recordings menu, etc..

Digital cable kinda had this WAY back on the older boxes on the older guide.. where it actually tuned to a 'playback' channel to play the recordings..
But almost all digital cable stuff since, has always been that way, that it goes to the last live channel after playing the recording.  That the recording is just playing as an OVERLAY over the live TV channel so to speak.

But yeah.. this has been pretty standard with rogers, for YEARS.

Only thing I can suggest it to make sure your not on that specific channel, before going into a recording 🙂

RyanC42
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply!  Our hope would be to have it not play live TV by default after deleting a recording, or at least maybe be able to set a default channel for it to return to after so we don't see specific shows in progress at the middle/end.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Thnx for that better explaination Gdkitty

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The older digital system, used to have a default channel for turn on.  But was not anything on recording playback.

While it may be an option which is added in the future.. 
For now, I would suggest to just make sure that you are on a channel you DONT want to see anything from, before going to live TV.

My wife does this on a regular basis.  Unless she is watching live TV, she usually leaves it on the weather network channel.  For this exact reason.

RyanC42
I've been here awhile
Thank you again!
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation