Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Smart TV Channel Guide

daedwards14
I've been here awhile

Hello All,

I just bought an LG 75uhd85 4k TV. 

I have the Ignite TV Service with the Xi6A Modem directly attached to the TV via a 8K (HDMI 2.1) cable. The sound runs through my SONY 7.1 receiver via Optical connection. I've set the video output on the Ignite modem to (BEST AVAILABLE) 4k UHD@60hz.

I have 2 questions:

Is there a way to download the Channel Guide to the Smart TV. I know I can display the GUIDE, etc via the Rogers (button) but I thought I should be able integrate the IPTV elements more closely. Currently when I try to view the Guide, I get the Guide for LG Channels only.

I like the magic remote and have managed to get it to control most functions on the ignite box, TV and the Sony amp. But, I don't have an easy way to FF and REV when watching the recorded content. The JOG dial changes the inputs when I try to use these inputs.

I would appreciate any additional tips and tricks other (Pioneers) have come up with integrating Ignite Service and their LG TV.

TIA - Be Well,

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LG Smart TV Channel Guide

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@daedwards14 wrote:

Hello All,

I have the Ignite TV Service with the Xi6A Modem directly attached to the TV via a 8K (HDMI 2.1) cable. The sound runs through my SONY 7.1 receiver via Optical connection. I've set the video output on the Ignite modem to (BEST AVAILABLE) 4k UHD@60hz.

I have 2 questions:

Is there a way to download the Channel Guide to the Smart TV. I know I can display the GUIDE, etc via the Rogers (button) but I thought I should be able integrate the IPTV elements more closely. Currently when I try to view the Guide, I get the Guide for LG Channels only.

I like the magic remote and have managed to get it to control most functions on the ignite box, TV and the Sony amp. But, I don't have an easy way to FF and REV when watching the recorded content. The JOG dial changes the inputs when I try to use these inputs.

I would appreciate any additional tips and tricks other (Pioneers) have come up with integrating Ignite Service and their LG TV.

TIA - Be Well,

***Edited Labels***

Hi, Welcome to the forums.

I am not sure what "downloading the channel guide to the TV"  will buy you, since you have access to it anyway.

If you want "FAST" access to the channel guide, your best approach is to run the ignitetv app on a tablet.  That gives you rapid scrolling through the entire guide, plus ability to set recordings, watch recordings, and/or delete recordings.  A lot faster than the TV version of the guide, and I would bet that it is a lot faster than anything you could do by "downloading" it to the smart TV.

You could try to log into ignitetv.rogers.com on your TV's browser, but the probability is that IgniteTV will reject your login as being an incompatible operating system and/or an incompatible browser.  I know that my Samsung does.

A lot of people have commented to me that with igniteTV, they find that "smart" functions of their tv are not used much.  Many just use the ignite apps, and otherwise their favorite streaming device such as a ROKU or Chromecast (and now Chromecast with Google TV).  I am not familiar with what toys the big LG might have, though.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@daedwards14 wrote:

Hello All,

... snip ...

TIA - Be Well,

***Edited Labels***

I forgot to mention about the rewind and FF.

Use voice control to rewind and ff precisely:  "Forward twenty five seconds", or "forward thirty five minutes" or "rewind eighteen minutes", etc.

Also, pgup moves forward, and pgdn moves backward.  The default is five minutes each way, but you can set it to be 30 seconds forward, and 15 seconds back (good for skipping commercials).

To reset that to the 30/15 seconds motion, do as follows:

Hold "ROGERS" button for about 3 to 5 seconds

press the "up" arrow-button twice

press number 2

you will be asked for a "code"

enter 0030

you will be good to go to use pgup, pgdn for 30 seconds forward, 15 seconds back.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I have an LG TV, the TV guide does not pick up the Ignite guide. I have never tried either to make it do so but I can confirm it will not just pick it up.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation