Issues with connecting to VPN since switching to Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ollie79
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Issues with connecting to VPN since switching to Ignite

Awesome, thank you !!
Feel so frustrated with this because there was no issue connecting before we switched to ignite. And we did not do anything different with our VPN at work.
Plus I am not that technically savvy lol
I understand and some of it but most is way over my head.
Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, no problem.  If we lose you at any point, please let us know so that we can provide a simplified explanation.  Please don't hesitate to say " You've lost me here".  There is an extremely wide range of users here on the forum, from absolute beginners to experienced corporate IT staff, so the answers will be tailored to the user who is posing the question, at least that's what I'll try.  Don't know if I'm always successful 😞  Therefore, don't hesitate to tell us that we've lost you somewhere in the explanation or solution. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Only had a quick second to look this morning.. but the modem model starts with TM

jackrs
I've Been Around

Why doesn't the rogers ignite modem not support VPN service's ?

RogersMoin

Hello, @jackrs.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums and thank you for posting your query!

The Community can assist you; please provide more details of your VPN service, and the error messages, if any.

Also, provide the model of the modem. It listed on the product sticker at the bottom of the modem. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can confirm that it does support VPNs

I am able to connect to my private VPN when I turn it on (PIA)

Yesterday I was working from home.  My work laptop uses Cisco Anyconnect.  And its set up with pretty stiff settings.
I was able to connect and stay connect all day yesterday.

Bob7
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Gdkitty , I'm thinking of switching from Rogers cable to ignite, and like you I use PIA's VPN, so very happy to hear it still works with ignite internet.  Would you tell me which modem you have in case that's important during installation, thx.

-Bob

scleg
I've Been Around

Hey Ollie,
Did this end up working for you?? I just switched and I cannot get it to work!! I had high hopes reading your thread and then it just ended! I honestly think I am going to have to cancel the ignite package I just got and go back to tech savvy! What a huge mistake this is starting to feel like... I have a VPN phone, and it will not set up the VPN tunnel. I have tried port forwarding, didn't seem to help at all. I am at a total loss.
Bob7
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Scleg, is your VPN working through Ignite internet?  Which VPN are you using?  Which Rogers modem model?

-Bob