Issues with connecting to VPN since switching to Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Issues with connecting to VPN since switching to Ignite

Please help!!
The issue with connecting to VPNs on Ignite seems to be known and nothing seems to be done to fix this.
Everything was absolutely fine connecting to my work VPN prior to switching to Ignite.
I need this resolved so I can connect to my work.
I can’t seem to find any recent conversations regarding this in the community forum. Does anyone have any recent updates on this issue ?
Thanks in advance !

*Added Labels*

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Issues with connecting to VPN since switching to Ignite

I doubt that I can help, but, for info's sake, what VPN are you running and what modem do you have.  Can you have a look at the bottom of the modem to check it out.  I'm assuming that you're running the new Ignite TV service.  It will either be the Arris TG3482ER or the Technicolor CGM4140 modem.  The Arris is an Intel Puma 7 chipset while the Technicolor is a Broadcom BCM-3390 chipset.  The Puma chipset modems seem to have been a pain for VPNs from the day that there were first rolled out by Rogers a few years ago.  Thats a chipset and firmware issue, not a Rogers specific issue. 

What protocol are you using for the VPN, TCP/IP or UDP?  Is there a choice? 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I had a look at the bottom of our modem and while it doesn’t exactly have either of those names you mentioned it has this number (IC: 431C-CGM414X) on the bottom which sounds like it would be the Technicolor one? Also says easyconnect 03083
I am not exactly sure what VPN my work has but think maybe Cisco?
I believe the VPN protocol is TCP/IP
Thank you!
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, that would be the Technicolor modem, which I have high hopes for.  I don't run that modem as I don't use the new Ignite TV service.  I have access to some of the Arris user interface slides but I don't see any page with VPN settings.  That doesn't mean that a page such as that doesn't exist as these slides could be out of date now.  On the white Hitron CODA-4582 modem, same for the black CGN3xxxx modems, there is a VPN Pass-through enable/disable page.  If you haven't done so already, go thru the settings tabs, looking for that same type of mixed VPN settings.  I would expect any VPN settings to be in the Firewall or Advanced tab.  I'd be interested if there was such a page in the user interface.  

I suspect that your VPN is a Cisco Anyconnect VPN:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/tsd-products-suppor...

Edit:  If you do come across VPN Pass-through enable/disable settings, enable all of them, or, enable them one at a time until possibly the VPN works as it should.  What I suspect is that you might have to reboot the modem after enabling the settings, so, maybe, if they exist, enable all of them, reboot the modem and see if that resolves the situation. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Great, thank you, I’ll give that a try tomorrow., and let you know what I find. So to be clear though I would log into the Rogers modem interface online to check these settings ? I can’t say I’ve done that before lol
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, log into the modem and take a stroll thru the various settings tabs 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If I remember, I will take a look at my setup at home tonight.

Not 100% sure which modem model I have, I will check it.

As I have the Cisco Anyconnect for my works VPN, and I am able to connect to it just fine.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you, very much appreciated!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So I’m logged into our modem and the only thing I see under the “firewall” drop down is IP4, IP6, and software.
Then under the “advanced” drop down there is Port forwarding, Port triggering, remote management, DMZ, and device discovery. Haven’t come across anything they says VPN
I’m lost !! Lol
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hi.  I'm hoping that @Gdkitty can assist here as he runs an XB6 modem as well.