Issues with Ignite WiFi Pods

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Issues with Ignite WiFi Pods

I have 2 pods where the light dims then brightens all the time and one that does nothing?

**Labels Added**

Highlighted

Re: Issues with Ignite WiFi Pods

Hey @Flynn62!

Welcome to the community!

I believe what you're referring to is just the activity indicator? It's normal for the light to blink if data is being transmitted. :). Let me know if you have any other questions!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Where can I find info on pricing for the pods?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

For the pods, do I have to hold my phone to every pod to activate it?

Reason I ask is I can get the first pod to come online but not the rest.

What do I do EXACTLY to add more pods after the first one is online?

Cheers.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Texman wrote:

For the pods, do I have to hold my phone to every pod to activate it?

Reason I ask is I can get the first pod to come online but not the rest.

What do I do EXACTLY to add more pods after the first one is online?

Hi.  Yes, you need to bring Pod online individually and your phone needs to be close to the Pod (within 15 cm / 6 inches) when you add it you your network and associate it with your account using the app.  New Pods are discovered by the app through a Bluetooth signal so need to ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and that it is close enough to the pod to receive the signal.

As I mentioned to another user in another post, I have not been able to find a step-by-step self-install guide for Pods on the Rogers website but Comcast does provide online instructions for Xfinity customers on how to activate their xFi Pods.  Rogers uses the same hardware so the installation procedure will be very similar.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the 2nd pod to come online, I have tried differentpods on different outlets all close to the first pod.

I have removed the 2nd pod in the app, signed out of the app.

The pods have been replaced.

Just says not online try again.

Thoughts?

(Im REALLY not liking these pods.)

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Texman wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the 2nd pod to come online, I have tried differentpods on different outlets all close to the first pod.

I have removed the 2nd pod in the app, signed out of the app.

The pods have been replaced.

Just says not online try again.

Thoughts?

Do you still have a working, active Wi-Fi connection to your modem when you add that Pod?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Texman  Sorry, I'm out of ideas.  This is something that should "just work".

If the Ignite WiFi Pods FAQs support page is not of any help and the @CommunityHelps  team does not have any additional advice or suggestions, I think that now would be a good time to call Rogers Tech Support for assistance.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The setup step 10 advises:

"Once the first Pod has successfully been linked to your account, you’ll be asked to connect any additional Pods. Evenly spread them out no more than 20-30 feet away from the gateway or the nearest Pod. Once all Pods are plugged in, tap All Pods Ready to Go!"

But what does "you’ll be asked to connect any additional Pods" mean?  Does that mean I setup each new pod up the same way as the first with the app?  I mean do I take my phone to all of the other pods one at a time and activate them the same way as the first?  The instructions are unclear.