Issues with Ignite WiFi Pods

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Issues with Ignite WiFi Pods

Yup. It’s connected to the pod...confirmed in the Ignite WiFi Hub app. Without the pod installed, the doorbell refuses to connect to the network (i.e. to the gateway located in the basement). And it’s the only pod installed.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello, I self installed ignite bundle. Was averaging about 200 mbps throughout the house. Few rooms upstairs were getting poor signals. Called Rogers, they sent three pods. I placed them around the house. Wifi speed went down to an ever age of 60-70 mbps if connected through a pod. If I do a sped test right beside the gateway I get 200 plus. Do pods slow down wifi speed? Am I doing something wrong. First pod is less than 10 feet from gateway.

Highlighted

From my recent experience (having helped family and friends install Ignite), the pods are terrible.  I have even personally heard a Rogers technician say they are lousy and to remove them.  What speeds are you getting in the rooms with poor signal?  From what I've seen, even if signal is a bit weak from the gateway, performance/speed is still better than using the pods.  Now, if signal is so marginal in those rooms that it's basically non existent and you're getting internet drop-outs, you might want to consider moving the gateway to a more central location in your home (if that's technically feasible and easy to do) or using a 3rd party router (either as your main router with XB6 bridged, or as a WiFi access point).

Highlighted

@kenanzebouni just read the previous post in this thread and all your questions should be answered. It does take some effort to optimize your coverage.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here. Pods were slowing down the Wifi Network. Placing the Gateway to a central location in my three bedroom apartment with concrete walls helped. In the living room, for example, off the Gateway I got about 200 mbps. Upon installing the pod, it dropped to 10-15 mbps! Moving the pod to the kitchen (next to the living room) it fluctuated between 100 to 20 mbps !! 

So? I avoid using the pods now. As a backup for the living room, I have have the old now switched off D-Link powerline!!

Highlighted

My base Ignite service operated for a year in my condo without PODs. WiFi service was weak at the extreme opposite location to the Gateway (rerely used) and poor on the balcony. Moderate WiFi was needed the balcony this summer as I was spending more time there. I installed the three PODs at different locations with mixed results. After days of experimentation I found that only one POD was needed at a point that was halfway between the Gateway and the balcony. This provided acceptable WiFi service to all the common locations. The speed is less than 100Mbps in some locations but unless speedtest is run the difference is not noticeable.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My pods keep going offline. I got pods last week and not working wifi keeps going off multi times a day

Highlighted

Hello @Paulinecarr76,

Thank you for joining us here in the community and congrats on your first post with us! 😊

I'm sorry to learn that the WiFi pods haven't been working well for you thus far, that's super disappointing. I'd like to clarify a few things if you don't mind:

- Have you tried unplugging the affected Pod(s) and plugging it back into the wall outlet?

- Are you getting a specific error message via the Ignite WiFi Hub app?

- Since receiving the WiFi pods, have you attempted to place them in different locations of your home to see what configuration works best?

Note: Please ensure you do not have your modem in bridge mode as this will disable any Ignite WiFi Pods in use and prevent you from using the Ignite WiFi Hub.

We look forward to your reply! 

RogersLaura

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Paulinecarr76 wrote:

My pods keep going offline. I got pods last week and not working wifi keeps going off multi times a day

Where are your Pods located?  You need to place Pods in areas that still have decent WiFi connectivity; the Pods will then extend coverage from there to areas that get poor reception/performance.  If you place the Pod in a room with a poor Wi-Fi signal, the devices in that room will have a good connection to the Pod but the Pod itself will have just as hard a time connecting back to the XB6 gateway as the other devices in the room used to have and that, in turn, would result in very poor Wi-Fi performance on its upstream connection and very unstable connectivity.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My home is set up with ignite and two wifi pods. I received a third pod with the package but when i originally did the setup i added the first pod, hit the "add more pods" prompt then added the second pod but did not get prompted to add a third even though it was plugged in. The network runs correctly with the two pods but I'd like to add the third for my basement. Trouble is there does not seem to be an option for this in the ignite app. If I add new hardware and try to add ignite pods, it goes back to prompting me to set up the first pod. I tried redoing the setup once (starting with the first pod) but it just confirmed the 1st pod again and auto detected the second one and I was back where I started. How do I do this? I don't want to take down the network to experiment as my family is basically using it all the time.