cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Connecting Ignite TV Box to Samsung TV When Prompted

pointyhair1
I've been around

I am reconnecting the Rogers ignite box to my Samsung Frame tv.

It did not recognize the device and I am trying the "manual' process to add it to the HMDI1 connection on the TV.

The Samsung menu asks for the "TV Provider" and shows a picklist.  There is no Rogers Ignite in the list.

Is this process going to work? is there an equivalent choice that I should be making?

Thanks for you help.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issues Connecting Ignite TV Box to Samsung TV When Prompted

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
it is my understanding that the Samsung Frame TV is just like any other TV, however the TV frame is thin and the "guts" of the TV are in a separate box that is placed below and theyre connected by a special wire/cable.

just like any other high def TV, the Samsung Frame TV has inputs like HDMI 1 to 4 or so for example. you just connect your ignite tv box to one of the inputs and tune your TV to the correct input. Note: just because your TV does not "detect" the ignite tv system and display that does not mean anything is bad, almost all TVs operate that way. your Tv should not ask you what provider your box is, it should not care, once it sees the input, a signal is a signal regardless if it comes from your blue ray player, video camera or ignite tv box or what ever. it should work, if not, call samsung and ask them to troubleshoot your no input issue,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersZia

Hello @pointyhair1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

You've definitely come to the right place! While I'm not familiar with the set up you've described, I'll tag our Resident Expert @57 to help you with this :).

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pointyhair1 wrote:

Is this process going to work? is there an equivalent choice that I should be making?

I'm not sure if this will work, but try Comcast Xfinity or something similar.  Of course this means you won't be able to use the voice commands associated with the Ignite service, which can be quite useful.  Most people use the Rogers remote and programme it to turn the TV (and AVR if applicable) on or off and control the volume.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
it is my understanding that the Samsung Frame TV is just like any other TV, however the TV frame is thin and the "guts" of the TV are in a separate box that is placed below and theyre connected by a special wire/cable.

just like any other high def TV, the Samsung Frame TV has inputs like HDMI 1 to 4 or so for example. you just connect your ignite tv box to one of the inputs and tune your TV to the correct input. Note: just because your TV does not "detect" the ignite tv system and display that does not mean anything is bad, almost all TVs operate that way. your Tv should not ask you what provider your box is, it should not care, once it sees the input, a signal is a signal regardless if it comes from your blue ray player, video camera or ignite tv box or what ever. it should work, if not, call samsung and ask them to troubleshoot your no input issue,

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To further elaborate on my previous post, some people use their TVs/Remotes to control their inputs/boxes (via HDMI-CEC), etc.  I thought that was what was being attempted here. 

If it's a simple matter of connecting devices, then you can call it whatever you want - I believe some TVs have a selection from which you can choose (like cable box) and some TVs even allow you to input whatever custom name you like.

More details on what you're trying to do would be appreciated.

Loreng
I've been around
So my issue is the Samsung remote for the frame tv is not controlling the Rogers ignite box. Can it?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rafa12992
I've been around

In order for the Ignite TV to work with Samsung Smart Remote.
Provider - Comcast
Box - XI6A
even if channel doe not change say yes and complete the setup
Make sure in Settings Network Expert Settings Ip Remote and Turn on With mobile are enabled.
Go to Source Universal Remote Icon - Go to Xfinity - RF Remote Set up - Volume Up enter pin using number on screen good to go 

Hope this helps

Scallywag
I've been here awhile

This worked for me, with some clarifications.  I searched the web for hours trying to find a solution that worked, and this did it.  The provider and box are selected when configuring the source (e.g., HDMI2, which is where my Xi6-T is connected).  I tried several times testing the channel change -- just picking yes the first time did the trick.  When configuring the Universal Remote source, select Comcast (not Xfinity, as that box or cable provider caused glitches).  At this point, when I went to run the RF Remote setup, it did not present a three digit PIN, just an image of the cable input.  I mistakenly turned the TV off, then went through the RF Remote setup steps again, and this time a PIN was shown.  Works like a champ.  Now I can use my Samsung Smart Remote for cable, Apple TV, and all the Samsung apps. 🙂

Scallywag
I've been here awhile

I also had to ensure my XR15 remote was set up for RF.  Do this first.  If your voice control works (commands via the microphone button), you should be good to go.  If not, press the Rogers button, go to setup, then Remote setup, then enable voice control (which uses RF).

Kcsdkavanagh
I plan to stick around

Can you also access the Rogers TV guide using the Samsung Smart remote? Currently if I use the Samsung Smart remote I can see Rogers Ignite but no option for the TV Guide. I like that guide so I am using the Rogers Ignite remote and rarely use the Samsung Smart remote unless I want to access the Smart TV features. 

Hello, @Kcsdkavanagh 

Thank you for posting your inquiry to the community.

I use a Samsung smart TV so I can relate to your inquiry. You may be able to setup the Samsung remote to control the Ignite TV box. The device may be listed as Xfinity X1 or something similar. If you are not able to locate that device then it may not be possible to control using the Samsung remote.

I personally love using the Ignite Voice Remote and I've recently found a way to control my Samsung TV using my Samsung smartphone with the SmartThings app. This may be another option you can use to control your TV.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 9 in conversation