cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Service shut down before Ignite hardware delivered

RRF1
I plan to stick around
So I signed up for Ignite and Rogers insisted on porting over my current Internet service , despite having 3 more weeks paid for in advance.
Tonight my internet service has been disconnected, and my Rogers Ignite hardware has not been delivered.
I was given no opportunity to cancel my current service or arrange for a refund.
I was sent numerous text messages concerning Ignite including how to go to MyRogers to initiate setup, track my delivery etc., however there is nothing on there concerning my Ignite package. It still just shows my old digital cable bill.
Thanks Rogers,
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Internet Service shut down before Ignite hardware delivered

RogersMaude

Good day @RRF1,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this up to our attention. We’re committed to offering a dependable experience, working around the clock to help keep our customers connected. I'm sorry to hear your residential services were not functioning as of the time you posted this message last night.

Has your home services been reactivated at this time?

If your cable services still appear as active from your MyRogers online profile, it may be because your area was affected by a service interruption. From time to time, temporary service interruptions can still happen due to planned activities) or unplanned events like construction work or extreme weather. For information about service interruptions, visit rogers.com/outage.

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps, so we can look into this further. Thanks!

RogersMaude

RRF1
I plan to stick around

I made some calls and the TPA internet service came back in a couple hours.

Despite receiving emails to the contrary, I am still waiting for MyRogers page to be updated with Ignite service info, hardware delivery info, app download link etc. In the meantime I had to pay for another month of Digital Cable, or be in arrears.

Hello again @RRF1,

Thank you for your reply!

Rest assured, you will be credited for the portion of your billing cycle where the service is replaced by the Ignite Bundle. That way you will not get "double-billed". Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

RogersMaude

RRF1
I plan to stick around

Thanks...Waiting for hardware delivery today. Still no update to MyRogers page.

One question...All the help guides etc. only mention WiFi connections to the IgniteTV clients (IPTVTCXI6HD - Xi6 4K 5G Wifi Client ). I prefer Ethernet, so I assume the Ethernet port is active.

My friends BulkService building is being switched from Digital Cable to Ignite next month, giving each unit (270) a gateway and 2 clients. I only imagine the WiFi congestion that will cause.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RRF1 wrote:

Thanks...Waiting for hardware delivery today. Still no update to MyRogers page.

One question...All the help guides etc. only mention WiFi connections to the IgniteTV clients (IPTVTCXI6HD - Xi6 4K 5G Wifi Client ). I prefer Ethernet, so I assume the Ethernet port is active.

Yes, the Ethernet connection is active.  It is best to first allow the Ignite STB to connect by Wi-Fi, then connect an Ethernet cable and the STB will use that for its data communications.  (If you do let the STB have any Wi-Fi connectivity, even as a "backup" to Ethernet, you may notice some weird, glitchy behaviour.)

My own home is wired for Ethernet throughout but I still connect my STBs by Wi-Fi.

My friends BulkService building is being switched from Digital Cable to Ignite next month, giving each unit (270) a gateway and 2 clients. I only imagine the WiFi congestion that will cause.

Ignite TV uses only 10 Mb/s for each HD stream and 25 Mb/s for each 4K stream.  That is not a huge amount of bandwidth but if your Wi-Fi network (or a neighbouring Wi-Fi network using the same channels) is not healthy, you might experience audio/video dropouts on Ignite TV.  One thing that you definitely want to avoid is having any busy Wi-Fi clients with poor, marginal Wi-Fi connections.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
Equipment just arrived.
I assume the Rogers Gateway does not support Vlans, POE, OpenVPN server etc. , so I will need to operate in bridge mode to operate my network.
The only guides I have seen are either overly simplistic, or do not apply to integrating an existing network.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RRF1 wrote:
Equipment just arrived.
I assume the Rogers Gateway does not support Vlans, POE, OpenVPN server etc. , so I will need to operate in bridge mode to operate my network.
The only guides I have seen are either overly simplistic, or do not apply to integrating an existing network.

That is correct.  However, Rogers also does not support running Ignite TV on customer-owned equipment with the Ignite gateway in Bridge Mode.

I started a thread a few years ago with tips for running Ignite TV over your own network gear which may be helpful.  However, the Ignite set-top boxes were not designed to be used in this configuration; they can be quirky and there is no guarantee that they will operate correctly when connected via 3rd-party equipment.  If you should ever require require tech support for any Ignite TV problem, you will need to be able to fall back to a standard Rogers-supported configuration.

RRF1
I plan to stick around
No issues with installation, so far.
First setup Gateway using app. Then setup STB's over WiFi, then configured remotes.
Next connected PC to LAN port #2, and went to http://10.0.0.1. Navigated to the Bridge Enable/Disable menu item. Activated Bridge mode and connected router's (Netgear R7000 DD-WRT) WAN port to Gateway's LAN port #1.
Rebooted my router, switches and connected STB's to Ethernet. Rebooted STB's and TV's were working, as well as all devices on my network.
May have some IPv6 issues to resolve... suspect router firmware.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation