cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent sound issues with one of my two TVs

rickpurdy
I've been around

I have Ignite TV. I have two tvs with set top boxes One of them (Panasonic) has no problems so far. The second TV  (Samsung) is hooked up the same way as the Panasonic. However there is a problem with the sound that happens intermittently. The sound becomes garbled, the voices sound like they are cracking. I have to turn the TV off and then turn it on again after a minute or so. At that point the sound is back to normal for awhile. It might rehappen again later. This problem has only started since I switched to Ignite. Could there be some interference from the old cable wires?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Intermittent sound issues with one of my two TVs

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Swap the boxes from one TV to the other. If the issue follows the box, then the issue may be with the box.  If the issue stays with the TV, then the issue is probably with the TV or the HDMI connection.  Switch the HDMI cables from one TV to the other to see if the issue changes with the cable or not.

Also, some TVs can have issues with certain types of signals.  Go into the audio settings in the Rogers box and change the output to PCM or "other" instead of Dolby Digital, etc. That usually fixes things.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Intermittent sound issues with one of my two TVs

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Swap the boxes from one TV to the other. If the issue follows the box, then the issue may be with the box.  If the issue stays with the TV, then the issue is probably with the TV or the HDMI connection.  Switch the HDMI cables from one TV to the other to see if the issue changes with the cable or not.

Also, some TVs can have issues with certain types of signals.  Go into the audio settings in the Rogers box and change the output to PCM or "other" instead of Dolby Digital, etc. That usually fixes things.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation