cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent No Audio Issues on Youtube App

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

I have noticed over the last two weeks that when I go to the Youtube App, I lose all audio.  Video if fine.  It doesn't happen all the time, perhaps 25%.  Sometimes it happens right away, other times after several minutes of viewing.  When I go back to live TV, audio is lost as well.  I need to reboot the box to get audio back.   So far, I have only been able to replicate the issue on one TV, but I don't watch much Youtube on the other TVs so difficult to say if it is specific to one TV.  No issues with other apps, Netflix, Prime, etc.   Anyone else have the issue with Youtube?

*** Edited Labels and Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Intermittent No Audio Issues on Youtube App

jjjjy7

So I was at the end of my rope dealing with my sound issues.  It started to effect not only Youtube, but  Netflix and live TV.  I removed my sound bar, changed HDMI cable, 3 different boxes, two tech visits - nothing. Tech support had no idea.  It was only impacting one TV (the other TVs were fine) and only when going through the Rogers Ignite box as opposed to the Youtube and Netflix apps on my TV.  Then I found the TV remote (which I have never used) and started to scroll through all the settings on my TV.  I found a setting buried in the list called advanced sound stabilization.  It was preset to auto.   I clicked it off and eureka, no more sound issues.  Clearly Ignite TV does not like this feature!  As a plus, it also eliminated the audio/video sync issues of live TV.    On to the next issue....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersTony

Hello, @jjjjy7

Thanks for reporting this issue to us! I can imagine how frustrating it is to try watching a video on YouTube when the audio is not working periodically forcing you to reboot the box. 

This is the first time I am hearing of this particular issue. Can you confirm how far away the affected Ignite TV box is from the Ignite TV modem? Is this box further away or closer to the modem than the working units? Is it connecting to the modem via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? 

Is there anyone else in the Community on the Ignite TV platform who has noticed a similar audio issue when using the YouTube App?

We look forward to your response! 🙂

RogersTony

jjjjy7

@RogersTony   The box is connected via wi-fi, and about 20 feet from the modem.  All my boxes were upgraded to the latest ones.   I have another box, wifi, about the same distance and have no issues (though I don't watch alot of Youtube on that box so can't really say if there are issues).  When I first got Ignite, the youtube app was always a bit wonky in that it wouldn't load, or was very slow to load.  I often had to try loading it several times to get it to work.  The other apps (Crave, Netflix, etc always loaded right away from day one).  For the last few weeks however, Youtube has been loading very quickly, but now I have audio issues (though infrequent).   I do have a Bose soundbar, however strange that I am only losing audio with Youtube.  Other than that my signal has been very strong and live TV and the other apps work very well.

jjjjy7

I should add I have been unable to replicate the issue when accessing Youtube via the app on my smart TV.    

Hello again, @jjjjy7

Thanks for the additional information!

We'd like to try to determine if the issue is specific to that Ignite TV box or if it is happening on all boxes. Can you swap the location of one of the other Ignite TV boxes? Preferably the one that is a similar distance away.

If the problem goes away then it is most likely an issue with the one unit. If the issue is still happening then we will need to troubleshoot further and run some additional tests on your equipment.

We are looking forward to your response.

RogersTony

jjjjy7

So I was at the end of my rope dealing with my sound issues.  It started to effect not only Youtube, but  Netflix and live TV.  I removed my sound bar, changed HDMI cable, 3 different boxes, two tech visits - nothing. Tech support had no idea.  It was only impacting one TV (the other TVs were fine) and only when going through the Rogers Ignite box as opposed to the Youtube and Netflix apps on my TV.  Then I found the TV remote (which I have never used) and started to scroll through all the settings on my TV.  I found a setting buried in the list called advanced sound stabilization.  It was preset to auto.   I clicked it off and eureka, no more sound issues.  Clearly Ignite TV does not like this feature!  As a plus, it also eliminated the audio/video sync issues of live TV.    On to the next issue....

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation