cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Blue Screen for Ignite TV

thermosca
I've been here awhile

Occasionally when turning on the TV box, I get a blue/green box on the center of my TV screen. I've tried changing HDMI cables and going from wired or wireless but that doesn't seem to help.

When the box works, the TV quality is fine and there doesn't appear to be any issues with recordings, just the display. I cannot reproduce the issue consistently as it generally happens overnight when I turn the TV on the next day, but not always. If I unplug the box from power and replug it back in, then it loads and everything seems to work fine again.

It's been very frustrating, has anyone had this issue and how to fix? Do I need to get a new box? Thanks in advance!

Example Image: https://i.imgur.com/d2kRHFw.jpg 

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Intermittent Blue Screen for Ignite TV

seadooxp30
I'm a reliable contributor

Its for sure poor signal to the box/home/neighbourhood...

I have micro freeze from 7-11 PM almost every night.

When it gets worst I get black screen for 1 sec...

almost 2 years on Ignite TV and Rogers can figure it out!

thermosca
I've been here awhile

For my blue screen issue, it's not going in and out in the same viewing session. It doesn't sound like the same issue.

Occasionally the next day I see this static screen that's blue and I can't get out of it without restarting the box.

When the box works, I'm not having any quality issues or flashing black screens or anything.

Hey @thermosca.

Welcome to the community!

The blue screen certainly shouldn't be occurring, and I'm glad you've brought this to our attention. I would definitely recommend reaching out to support to have a technician visit and address the issue if needed. It's possible there may be an issue with the set top box but are you experiencing this on all boxes? Or just one?

@RogersAndy

thermosca
I've been here awhile
I only have one box so I'm not sure if it's a box-specific issue or something else?

Alana2
I've been around
No sound and picture is green and yellow only
Switched HDMI cords , switched ports , reset the box. The smart TV apps Netflix and YouTube work fine. All other boxes in the house work fine. Tried a working box on the TV same issue, no sound and terrible picture.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alana2 :  Sounds like an issue with the TV, the HDMI ports on the TV, or the HDMI cable:

1. Make sure the firmware on the TV is up to date. Sometimes the "handshake" between TV and box doesn't work properly if it's an old TV or old firmware.

2. What is the exact make/model of the TV?

3. Have you tried setting the box' output to 1080i under video settings, which any HDTV can receive?

4. Is the HDMI cable you tried the one you got from Rogers?  Is it HDMI2 certified?

5. Make sure the HDMI cable is properly seated at both ends and there are not bent pins, etc.

No worries @thermosca! I would definitely recommend reaching out to support then at your earliest convenience either through phone, live chat, Facebook/twitter or us here @CommunityHelps. Your service can then be checked for anything out of the ordinary and a technician dispatched if needed.

For more information on our PM system, check out our blog.

@RogersAndy

A little late jumping in here..  not sure if this was mentioned on the previous page or not.

What are your video settings set on the box?
If its set to Auto, I would try changing it over to a fixed resolution, see if that make a difference.  
Might be trying to re-handshake when in auto.. cant lock onto the resolution correctly.

thermosca
I've been here awhile

I think you might be right.

I've tried changing HDMI ports and on the 3rd port now when I turn on the TV (for at least the past couple days), I see the screensaver rather than the blue screen. So perhaps the resolution was trying to change for the screensaver? The 3 ports had different capabilities. I have a Vizio M65-D0 and it was initially on port 1, and now on port 4. 

It's been OK for now after changing the port so continuing to keep my fingers crossed. 

Thanks!

Sundog1966
I plan to stick around

I just got this and am thankful for your post.

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 in conversation